Sensory Friendly viewing of "Big Hero 6" on November 8th!

1,219 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by momday04
momday04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's been a while since I've posted about the sensory friendly movie viewings available at Cinemark. Our next one is Big Hero 6 on November 8th, 10am. We will also have one in December 13th "Penguins of Madagascar." These special viewings are for everyone, not just families with children on the autism spectrum.

To find out more about our autism support group, FACETS, or to get more info about sensory friendly movies visit www.facetsbcs.org
momday04
Just a reminder that this movie screening will be this Saturday at 10am.
Rooster14
We've been looking forward to this movie coming out, but we are going camping this weekend. So we won't be able to make it.
KidDoc
AG
This is a great idea for those kiddos that don't enjoy the loud noises.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
momday04
Have fun camping Rooster! Our next one is December 13th Penguins of Madagascar.
PS3D
I'm probably reading way too deeply into this, but I'm curious as to why you bolded that last part. To me, it suggests (and again, I'm reading too deeply into this) that for every sensory friendly viewing the theater does, they lose money hand over fist and need to break even to justify continuing SFVs into the future, because they consider it a community service somehow. It would make sense--the kids that aren't autistic but still make noise and move around really ought to go to that screening when there's a kids' movie on.
momday04
Our local Cinemark is extremely supportive of our children and has not placed any restrictions on how many families must attend in order to offer these viewings.

The reason I highlighted that is because we always want all families to know that they are able to attend these viewings. Our support group is open to families with children who may have different diagnosis the autism, such as sensory integration disorder and ADHD/ADD. It's just a reminder that we do not exclude other families from our events.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.