BTU Wastewater Res City Charge

3,131 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FlyRod
Fleen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is this a set charge? Hard to find any info on-line...
BCStalk
Don't know but it's atleast 40 bucks on mine every month
Fleen
$99.76/mo.
cavu
AG
BTU's wastewater charge is computed from your water consumption during 3 winter months when there is very little lawn watering going on. I think it's Jan, Feb and Mar. They throw out the high and the low. The middle reading determines your monthly wastewater charge for the next 12 months. It recalculates every year, so if you want to reduce the wastewater cost, you need to conserve water for 2 months during the Jan, Feb and March time period.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
99.76? Really?
cavu
AG
Our monthly wastewater charge is $17.55 based on a water consumption of 4200 gals in February. That's for a 3 bedroom house with 2 adults in it. $40 means quite a lot of water was used during the winter months.
BCStalk
$40 for just two people in a duplex.
cavu
AG
Look at your water bills for Jan - Mar. You probably had 2 bills for somewhere around 10000 gallons. One winter we decided to go on a severe water reduction program and cut our usage back to around 2500. It meant really short showers, no lawn watering, taking laundry to our Houston apartment, but it did cut our wastewater bill down to around $14. It was a good experiment, but we won't do that again. I'm happy with $17,
rcannaday
AG
You might have a water leak somewhere in your house? Also, check to make sure if you have low flow toilets/water efficient shower heads/ how efficient is your laundry machines (and how many times you wash)/ dishwashers. Basically if all of these are newer, and you still have that kind of charge, probably means you have a water leak somewhere....
Fleen
quote:
You might have a water leak somewhere in your house? Also, check to make sure if you have low flow toilets/water efficient shower heads/ how efficient is your laundry machines (and how many times you wash)/ dishwashers. Basically if all of these are newer, and you still have that kind of charge, probably means you have a water leak somewhere....
rcannaday, I am beginning to think this...
waterchick
Fleen, water & Wastewater rates for Bryan are linked here: http://docs.bryantx.gov/water/Resolution%203556%20-%206_24_2014.pdf

i found it on the Bryan Water Services home page.

Is your Wastewater bill alone $99.76 per month, or is that your total bill? If it's $99.76 per month just for Wastewater, that means you were using something like 22,000 gallons of water per month during the winter averaging period, based on the rates set out in the above link.
cavu
AG
I would check the float valves in the toilet tanks. The cheap plastic float valves so common today have a high failure rate. Usually you know because you can hear and see the water running long after a flush. But the worst type of failure is the one you don't notice. That is when they almost shut the water off but still allow a low level flow to continue that is very quiet and not enough to be noticeable by looking into the bowl. The water in the tank runs continuously into the overflow tube and into the bowl . When this persists for days 24/7, you can run up a very high water bill. Look in the tank and be sure the water level is stable at about an inch or so below the top of the overflow pipe long after the float valve has shut off. If it's running over, try adjusting the float level and if that does not work, replace the float valve.
FlyRod
Mine has always been under $20 a month. Strange...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.