Viking Pride

2,496 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Julie14
gettingitdone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congratulations to the BHS Vikings in their spectacular win against Caney Creek. Hats off to all of the fans for their support!!
halibut sinclair
The Vikings clinched their first playoff berth since 2010.
dfphotos
Do they still not like their coach?
halibut sinclair
I bet they like him a lot these days.
Picadillo
Ross coaches some fundamentally sound football.
victory
AG
Wish consol would try to hire Ross back
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Bryan vs CSHS is this Friday night...with a district championship on the line. Both teams are undefeated in district. Should be a fun one
gibby03
AG
quote:
Bryan vs CSHS is this Friday night...with a district championship on the line. Both teams are undefeated in district. Should be a fun one

Definitely a fun one coming up. Very well could surpass the attendance of the Showdown and the Cat Fight games.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
quote:
Definitely a fun one coming up. Very well could surpass the attendance of the Showdown and the Cat Fight games.

Very well could happen, at the game last night the whole visitor side was packed but Consol had one section that was basically empty.
gibby03
AG
quote:
quote:

Very well could happen, at the game last night the whole visitor side was packed but Consol had one section that was basically empty.

For the Bryan - Consol game the visitors side and 3/4 of the end zone was full. The only difference was that the band took up some of that visitor side when they played.
AgDotCom
As stated on another thread, the bands were seated on the track for the Consol - CSHS game.

Given that, the stadium was full. To illustrate, had you seated half the fans on the track, half the bleachers would be empty.

The bands were moved to the track to accommodate more fan ticket sales. A lot of people didn't even attempt to go to the game because three weeks in advance fans were "warned" how the tickets would be rationed, and season ticket holders were given first choice several days ahead of time....this probably led to a lot of folks who didn't even attempt to go stand in line for tickets on Monday morning. The reason there were some visible open seats on the Consol side vs. the CSHS side is the home side is much bigger than the visitor's side.
GoneGirl
AG
Class of 1988!
gettingitdone
The Bryan Vikings are DISTRICT CHAMPS!!!!
Studio82tx
That's great! Those kids worked so hard!
OnlyANobody
dfphotos
Where all the parents hating on Rogers now? Or did their kids quit?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:

Wasn't aware that was a problem. This was one of those games that, even if you didn't care who won, it was just fun to watch. Hats off to both teams for putting up a heckuva fight.

Unfortunately, I did care. I'm a Cougar dad. Not nearly as appealing as a Cougar mom, I know.
EVA3
AG
quote:
This was one of those games that, even if you didn't care who won, it was just fun to watch. Hats off to both teams for putting up a heckuva fight.

Yes it was. Great game!

Way to go, Blue! District Champs!
Bryan HS 1991
Oogway
Aggie
AG
quote:

Really?
I'm never surprised by the amount of stupid parents out there.
What were they upset about?

Ross has won everywhere he has been..
Took over a Bryan program that was completely down for many years and now has them a district championship and Bryan beat Consol for the 1st time in nearly a decade.
dfphotos
I'm sure they were upset their kids weren't playing anymore. I forget he's been there at least three seasons now. They probably graduated.
child of grace
S
We knew 2 years ago that this group would be good this season. Rogers teaches fundamental ball. Senior class has some good leaders. Junior class also has some talented players. Medical issues ended my son's playing days, but he's having a blast supporting his buddies and couldn't be happier for their success!
Those folks who were looking for a quick turn around didn't recognize how deep a culture change was needed. The entire coaching staff over the past 3 years has done an awesome job. Their ability to care about the kids & tune out the adults has continued to impress me. As long as we can stay out of their way & let them do their jobs, I expect this pattern to continue.

Great job, Vikings! On to the next one!!
gibby03
AG
quote:
We knew 2 years ago that this group would be good this season. Rogers teaches fundamental ball. Senior class has some good leaders. Junior class also has some talented players. Medical issues ended my son's playing days, but he's having a blast supporting his buddies and couldn't be happier for their success!
Those folks who were looking for a quick turn around didn't recognize how deep a culture change was needed. The entire coaching staff over the past 3 years has done an awesome job. Their ability to care about the kids & tune out the adults has continued to impress me. As long as we can stay out of their way & let them do their jobs, I expect this pattern to continue.

Great job, Vikings! On to the next one!!

I've always wondered who you are Child Of Grace, those are great words though in support.
Julie14

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.