Let's do this! CSHS at Consol

3,754 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BANA89
Fonzie Scheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who ya pullin' for?
MsC2012
AG
COUGAR PRIDE!! #FearthePurple
veritas47
#fearthepurple- especially if you're a male A&M student with all the Cougar Moms at the game
91_Aggie
AG
I keep telling my wife I'm going to get her a purple "Cougar Mom" shirt.

Go Cougars!
Honeybear
The Cougars soundly defeated the Tigers on all sub varsity levels last night. I expect the same at the varsity level tonight. Great start to a high school rivalry! I expect the Cougar middle school teams to do the same in two weeks.

Molan Labe

Go Cougar Nation

The Good Aggieboy19
Chef Demas 2020
AG
CSHS will dominate in sports....it is just how it has been the past couple of years when comparing the middle schools. CSMS has all of the talent and is now funneled to the new high school.

With that being said...I am a consol alum so LETS GO TIGERS. (would have been zoned for CSHS if it was around then).
AgDotCom
Consol looks like they face an uphill battle tonight. 3 of their 4 best players are injured.

- Riley Garner, starter since sophomore year, Texas A&M commit, out for the season and never played a down this year due to off the field accident.

- Daniel Zivney, Air Force Academy commit, rumored out with another off the field accident.

- Aaron Leventis, best lineman on the team, separated shoulder, might play.

If this had been last year's Consol team which was already feeling the effects of the split schools vs. this year's Cougar team, Consol wins by 30. But it's a whole different situation now.

Should be a great atmosphere regardless, and a great rivalry going forward.
gettingitdone
Go Consol!!!
Spyderman
AG
Tigerfight baby.
Sticks&Stones
AG
C-Stat Cat Spat!

Go Cougars!
Harry Stamper
Who won?
phatpat21
CSHS 34
Consol 31
classicdoug
AG
Tough game on both sides. The talent was very well matched. Great game.
drivinwest
AG
Congrats CSHS. I have a sad junior tonight.
Aggie
AG
Entertaining game
So much for the thought of it being the biggest crowd in history of Tigerland stadium though.
There was nearly a complete section of empty seats on consol side- how does that happen?
Not even close to the biggest crowd ever there.
AgDotCom
The Consol band sits in that empty section, the change was made this year.

For this game, they had the bands sitting on the track. No doubt Consol expected to sell those seats where the band usually sits. I think a lot of people didn't buy tickets because they didn't think they could get any based on estimates leading up to this week.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
quote:
biggest crowd in history of Tigerland stadium

Don't want to hijack but what would be the biggest crowd? Consol-Odessa Permian?

I was there and it was great.

The University of North Texas band performed at halftime. (they were playing A&M the next day).
DWren
I have been going to Games at Tigerland since it opened in 1989.
The consol- Odessa Permian in '94 was the biggest crowd that stadium has ever seen.
The first time Westlake came to Tigerland in 1996 (with drew Brees) was probably the 2nd.
Katy in 2006 was another huge crowd.
Last night was probably around 5th largest.

Btw- UNT band did not play at Tigerland at halftime for the consol- Permian game.
A&M did not even play UNT in 1994.
Ags played Oklahoma at kyle the day after consol beat Permian in 1994.
BANA89
AG
Really exciting game, good start to the rivalry. Definitely larger turnout on guest side. Can't build stadiums for once a decade crowds if true that it was the largest crowd in ten years, but both stadiums have room to add seats relatively cheaply with modular bleachers if that were to become the norm. Central stadiums create a problem to decide which school to give the "home field" advantage and creates scheduling challenges. It also doesn't completely reduce the need for a campus stadium completely due to JV games and other activities. Can't do everything at a central stadium just to have one large enough for one game a year. Overflow crowds is good as it generates more demand for season tickets anyway.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.