Brazos Valley Country Music Festival

3,696 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tailgate88
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doors open at 6PM. First act starts at 6PM. Better grab a spot QUICK!
Tailgate88
Max06
AG
This is the first I've heard of it.
75AG
AG
Pat Green starts at 7. Very little advertisement. Hope it's a success.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
This is the first I've heard of it.

Same here. Can't imagine seating will be a problem if folks haven't heard of it. It's called simple marketing, people.
75AG
AG
Aggie nieces said there have been signs around campus. We heard it on the radio, but at $30 a person, and little community notice, shouldn't be a big crowd. Wonder how much money they'll lose?
ZoneClubber
AG
quote:
Better grab a spot QUICK!

That's funny.
Horn_in_Aggieland
I only heard about this today--and that's because Jamey Johnson cancelled his appearance.

Really big festival with Pat Green and 2-3 other acts (maybe).

Website said tickets were $20 at the gate.
aggieann
AG
aggieann
AG
There's a list of live music and other events at brazosvalleyweekend.wordpress.com.
75AG
AG
Seriously. Maybe in the future a little promotion would help. There's maybe 500 people here. FOR PAT EFFIN' GREEN.
EliteElectric
Whole thing was a fiasco. I bought tix online, we only wanted to see Jamey Johnson, never got my tix emailed to me. So, a few hours before the show I go up to the amphitheater ticket office, a guy there tells me this "there is supposed to be a list of people who bought presale tickets online at the ticket office" huh? Really? Why doesn't the website say you aren't going to get real tickets and you will just be placed on a will call list? Anyways about an hour before show time a local radio DJ calls me and says "rumor has it Jamey pulled out". So I go to look online and sure enough JJ is out, no refunds. What a sham. One of my buddies was working sound at the show and he said there were less than 500 people there total the whole night. No advertising, poor ticket procedure, poor communication with ticket purchasers, poor artist coordination..........poor event in general. Bush league for sure. So I just got scammed out of $50, I bet a bunch of others did as well.
SoTheySay
S
You got scammed because the artist you wanted to see decided not to show?
EliteElectric
Why do you think he didn't show? I would guess it was because there were less than 500 people there and he wasn't going to get his guarantee. There are 2 reasons artists no show at the last minute and both of those reasons have to do with $$$. Jamey Johnson release with him trying to take the high road-

quote:
Unfortunately, we will not be able to perform at tonight's scheduled
show in College Station because a miscommunication has occurred and agreed-upon terms were not met that were necessary to make the show happen. I want to apologize to my fans and deeply regret any disappointment or inconvenience this has caused them. We are working to ensure that they all receive a full refund on tickets purchased for the show.

I love my fans and appreciate their continued support. I am sorry for
any role my organization played in the miscommunication. I don't
understand how or why it was cancelled, and we are looking into that
immediately. Texas is very special to me and I look forward to
returning there soon.

I don't know what he can do to facilitate a refund short of either paying it himself or playing another show here and honoring those tickets, problem is, the original promoter didn't give out real tickets so......

In my opinion this was a poorly run event, I have put on better shows at Lilly Dairy Pavilion

I have brought a lot of artists to BCS for shows over the years, I have never seen anything run quite this poorly in my 22 years here.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
So, the website takes you to a flyer. Nice. Who produced this? Because they should never, ever, ever attempt anything like this again. And, tickets were $30? I don't know about a scam but it definitely sounds like a ripoff.
EliteElectric
I didn't mind paying that much for Jamey Johnson
rhoswen
AG
They should have refunded.
ksp
500 there is being kind, I estimated 300. V. poor showing and I heard about Friday as i was handed free tickets.
bradleyk
Where is a good venue in B/CS to bring artists in? There used to be a music festival at Northgate, that was 3 days or something. I have about 6 country artists, not Texas Country, that I want to bring in, but definitely need the ticket sales. I thought about Ampitheater, but I don't want it weather dependent. Thoughts?
Post removed:
by user
bradleyk
I agree about no real good venue from what I can see. I have the info from 12th Man on Reed, but had not contacted Harry's. I wasn't sure what their max capacity was and figured it was less than 1,000.
75AG
AG
Pat Green said Jamey Johnson's "plane was delayed somewhere and apparently a lot of ticket holders were with him." Truly an embarrassment by promotors.
hurleyag
AG
Harry's concerts are crap. The acoustics there suck. the Grand Stafford also does plenty of live music, but the venue is small.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Pat Green said Jamey Johnson's "plane was delayed somewhere and apparently a lot of ticket holders were with him." Truly an embarrassment by promotors.

I call bull****. Pretty lame dealings by the promotors and Jamey.

Also I had to do a double take on the cover image on Jamey's webpage the other day.

75AG
AG
quote:
quote:

I call bull****. Pretty lame dealings by the promotors and Jamey.

Also I had to do a double take on the cover image on Jamey's webpage the other day.

Pat Green was making light of the pitiful crowd, not making a factual statement.
Max06
AG
The downfall of Reed Arena is no alcohol, or that was the case last time I heard it kicked around as a venue.
fastsloth
You might check out the Brazos County Expo Center on Leonard road for a country event.
FincAg
AG
Yall should have come and checked out the bbq cookoff and concerts at the Hayseed Festival in Belton.
O.G.
The promoters were from Austin and did zero radio or tv advertising in BCS to promote the event. IT was handled very unprofessionally and I do not think very many tickets were sold.
Tailgate88
AG
I wonder why there aren't more shows at Wolf Pen Ampitheatre ?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.