ideas for out of tourist around b/cs

2,148 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by CrossBowAg99
Gigemaggies123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy ags,

my dad and brother (5 years old) are visiting from Canada. What do you recommend around here for kids that age. We're planning on going out of town for part of the visit so suggestions in houston, dallas, austin, san antonio are welcome

tia
techno-ag
AG
The Mayborn Museum in Waco was a big hit with our kids.
http://www.maybornmuseum.com/

The Aquarium in Houston is nice. Also Johnson Space Center.

The Houston or San Antonio Zoo is nice if it's not hot outside.

Don't forget the Alamo so they can say they've seen it.

Locally the Bush Library is fine for kids. They might also enjoy a quick drive out to Washington-on-the-Brazos.
Gigemaggies123
Thanks
ComfortAg
AG
Moody Gardens in Galveston
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Museum of the American GI in south CS. The 5 year old will love all the tanks!
aggieann
AG
biobioprof
Houston - go to the Natural Science Museum and do the Cockrell Butterfly Center.
San Antonio has pretty nice zoo, IIRC. Been years since I've been, though.

For here in town, some of the athletics events are pretty kid-friendly. If it's this weekend, the Women's Basketball team is doing the Maroon and White scrimmage, and I think there are a bunch of activities associated with that aimed at young kids.
quote:
During the event, fans can enter to win great prizes on the concourse of Reed Arena, such as Adidas A&M gear, gift cards, and tickets to A&M's marquee non-conference showdown with Duke (Nov. 30). In addition, fun Kid's Court activities will be set up on the concourse, including poster-making, face tattoos, and fall festival activities.
Does Blue Bell still do tours in Brenham?
AgFan1999
AG
Not on Saturday. Gift shop should be open though with the tasting room.
Twix
AG
We love the San Antonio Zoo! There's also a train around Breckenridge Park that you can ride...my 4-year old enjoyed it.

Sea World is in SA and they're open on weekends. It's a great time to go because it's not crowded, but you can still enjoy most of the shows.

The Cameron Park Zoo in Waco is supposed to be great zoo too...small enough and well shaded.
aggieann
AG
aggieann
AG
This site lists things to do each weekend: http://brazosvalleyweekend.wordpress.com/
CrossBowAg99
AG
Children's Museum in Houston
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.