Chick-Fil-A patrons of the Tower Point clan, please don't do this...

7,499 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Gigem314
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
originaltexan
Applies to Lowe's shoppers, Whataburger, etc.

I see people do that all the time.

Need to buy a tow truck. I could get rich.
The Anchor
AG
Meh. If it can be done safely, who cares? Now if you cut people off that's different.
momlaw
AG
Or, go through the signal light intersections in the proper lane on Fitch and easily turn into Exxon/Whataburger or CFA/Lowe's/Etc.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
agree its dangerous. its safer to just wait out the light.
ksp
If no one is coming from the other way I have done this, but I do not cut in front of traffic to do so.
I usually follow the MSpaint yellow line!
ksp
Oh and always green after that.
AggieWife2008
S
I only do it if no cars are coming but I agree...very dangerous!
Post removed:
by user
BQ_90
AG
they could fix both problems with about 10 feet of those traffic poles.
FlyRod
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought the first post would read "...eat anything at Chick- fil- A."
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Barron exit to Grahamites should be publicly flogged, then shamed for the balance of their wretched existence.
91_Aggie
AG
The other bad thing about the people that do this, is usually there are people behind them that used the turnaround, and then those people have to slow down almost to a stop behind the idiot who is trying to cut across there to get to that shopping center.

It's not just "I do this if there is no traffic", but you are probably causing everyone behind you to slow way down when they are trying to pick up speed to merge.

Just use the light like you are supposed to.
FlyRod
South College Station problems...
AgFan247
AG
I still don't understand those lengthy barriers. I don't know what "think of the children" idiot decided that lengthy barriers were needed, but I hate them. If they are necessary for safety, why aren't they on every turnaround? Geebus, if you cannot get over without endangering other drivers, you shouldn't be on the road.

FYI, I use that turn around and get all the way over if I can (on Graham too), and if not I go down to the next entrance.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I still don't understand those lengthy barriers. I don't know what "think of the children" idiot decided that lengthy barriers were needed, but I hate them. If they are necessary for safety, why aren't they on every turnaround? Geebus, if you cannot get over without endangering other drivers, you shouldn't be on the road.

FYI, I use that turn around and get all the way over if I can (on Graham too), and if not I go down to the next entrance.

College Station has a lengthy history of barriers. The city just loves speed bumps, gates on public streets, etc.
Twix
AG
I've cursed many-a-folks for cutting me off while on a meager attempt to obtain their precious chicken @%&(@!$# biscuit. Use the light!!!! It's the safest means, and it gets you directly into the parking lot. Isn't it actually illegal to cut through a parking lot, or is that just when doing so to avoid an intersection or light?
mazag08
AG
You complainers could always go a different route.. like HW 30. If you have the time to wait at extra lights like you say, it shouldn't be a big deal. This way, you can stay in your peaceful comfort zones and not have to worry about properly yielding to slightly unsafe drivers.

Seriously though, you can tell on this forum who the people are who haven't had to ever make serious commutes in a large city. Go to the Houston board and see how many threads are dedicated to bad driving.
95_Aggie
AG
^
There's a reason most of us choose not to live in Houston.
biobioprof
That yellow line looks like it's doing a slalom around the traffic in the pic.
agswife
what about the people who stop in the main lane to Lowes (Cici's, etc.), blocking the rest of traffic while they wait for the drive through to clear out so they can make their left into Chick-fil-A? There's nothing more fun than to wait in a drive through line to get to Lowes.
starbuck128
AG
Wouldn't the yellow and green ways be illegal? They cut through a parking lot that isn't the Chick Fil A parking lot.

Texas Transportation law Sec. 545.423
An operator may not cross a sidewalk or drive through a driveway, parking lot, or business or residential entrance without stopping the vehicle.
rhoswen
AG
I HATE the "well its worse in Houston" argument. So what? It's worse in L.A. too. And equally relevant.
DeckMe80
quote:
quote:
Double dipped in MSG. Gotta be good for you.

Seriously, Google the ingredients in their chicken sandwich.

it's on on interwebs it must be true
It's on the interwebs on Chik-Fil-A's website (I have no idea how to post links.) And MSG is listed twice in the chicken sandwich. You won't believe all those things could go into one food item. But it gives a clue why all the addicts form drive thru lines around the stores to get more.
AgResearch
AG
quote:
chicken (whole breast filet, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoned coater [enriched bleached wheat flour {with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, soybean oil, color {paprika}], milk wash [water, nonfat milk, egg], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil, with Dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foam agent added]), bun (enriched flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate {Vitamin B1}, riboflavin {Vitamin B2}, folic acid], water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, contains 2% or less of each of the following: liquid yeast, soybean oil, nonfat milk, salt, wheat gluten, soy flour, dough conditioners [may contain one or more of the following: mono- and diglycerides, calcium and sodium stearoyl lactylates, calcium peroxide], soy flour, amylase, yeast nutrients [monocalcium phosphate, calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate], calcium propionate added to retard spoilage, soy lecithin, cornstarch, butter oil [soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, artificial flavor, TBHQ and citric acid added as preservatives, and artificial color]), pickles (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate [preservative], natural flavors,

So its included in "seasoning" and listed as an individual ingredient.

Chick-Fil-A Ingredient List
DeckMe80
Like I said, it's gotta be good for you.
justalocal
I use to drive in Houston a lot, recently in fact. I actually don't think the drivers are as bad there as they are here - there are just more of them.

edited for grammar
shotcaller1
AG
Guilty every time. Nothing will change
ksp
surprised since the old man died , they have not opened up yet on Sundays.
kraut
AG

quote:
Wouldn't the yellow and green ways be illegal? They cut through a parking lot that isn't the Chick Fil A parking lot.

Texas Transportation law Sec. 545.423
An operator may not cross a sidewalk or drive through a driveway, parking lot, or business or residential entrance without stopping the vehicle.
The section you are quoting is referring to a vehicle that goes into a parking lot and continues on to a public street without stopping. It is meant to keep someone from cutting through a parking lot at a corner of an intersection to avoid the traffic at that intersection.
aggieparent
I don't understand why people will not use the traffic lights & instead cut across lanes of traffic, slowing down in their lane to do so. I know people keep saying they don't do it unless they can do so safely, but so many times, I've seen cars do that - the Chick-fil-A and at Barron/Graham. I think the drivers must not realize how they really are affecting the traffic flow. I would like to think people wouldn't be so inconsiderate. That said, I've even seen a car STOP on the Barron exit ramp so they could turn on Graham. They were lucky they didn't get rear-ended by all the cars behind them.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Here's another news flash to many drivers in town:

When you're at the light on Texas at Deacon Road and you are in the right (straight) lane going towards Rock Prairie Road........YOU ARE NOT IN THE CORRECT LANE TO ENTER THE ON-RAMP FOR THE BYPASS!!!! YOU ARE IN THE LANE THAT STAYS ON THE ACCESS ROAD TOWARDS ROCK PRAIRIE ROAD!!!!

If you wanted to enter onto the highway, you should have been in the left lane (WHICH ALSO CAN GO STRAIGHT ON THE ACCESS ROAD!!!)

Every time I go through that intersection I see dumb mf-ers who swerve into the left lane at the last second to enter the ramp, cutting off traffic and almost causing accidents. If the person in the left lane that they are cutting off was NOT entering the on ramp, they would run into the rear side of that dumbass and cause them to spin around.

There was briefly a median up that would prevent people from doing this extremely dangerous stunt, but it didn't last long. I guess too many people ran into it, so they removed it.
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
gates on public streets
You're bringing the Munson debacle into this techno? You went old skool on that one.

Yea.
Gigem314
AG
Yeah that's very Houston-esque. I go to the light and wait to turn left.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.