Property west of Gibbons Creek?

2,116 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by RMC91
TXNative
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am looking for property generally north of 30 and I like the area west of Gibbons Creek. It seems to be a fast commute to campus, Sam Houston and to 40/6 when needed.

Are there any issues with the new landfill as far as odor, land value or traffic?

Who provides domestic water?

Any other considerations?
veritas47
I hear King Oaks is nice. I haven't heard anything about odors.
AgProgrammer
AG
Lots of that land is in a floodplain. There is currently some really beautiful acreage available but much of it is flood prone with both Gibbons Creek damn and the Navasota River.
TXNative
OK, I answered my own question as it appears DSL is available from CenturyLink and possibly Windstream so that is good news.

I would like to hear from others who live out that way.

Max06
AG
I live closer to Carlos but thoroughly enjoy it. Landfill rarely smells, or at least from the highway when I am driving by. MUCH less so than the old Rock Prairie one.

I had Windstream Internet for 4 years and dumped it after they increased their "lifetime" pricing on top of it being brutally slow and unreliable.
CR173
AG
My username gives my location. I like it, we bought out here about 4 years ago. Pretty quite for the most part.
County has paved most of the road to my driveway which helps keep the vehicles clean.
Low taxes, wickson water and century link interwebs.
Traffic is easy, twin oaks only smells by the highway and can only here tmpa at night.
Not sure if you have found a place on the market, dont see much go on the market.
Only concern I have right now is the seismic they are doing and what oil will do to the area.
aggiegal99
We've been looking for 10 acres or so out that way for about 7 years now. Paved road is a must. We do not want the deed restrictions of King Oaks, and we do not want a nighttime view of the power plant. If anyone knows of anything that fits that criteria, I'd sure appreciate a head's up!
oklaunion
Just another heads up- there is a gas powered electric plant going in about 3 miles east of Carlos, off of HWY 30, north of the road.
RMC91
AG

oklaunion
rmc:
A buddy of mine let a pipeline survey crew onto his property last month and finally got some info out of them. Initially the guy told him the pipeline was going to 'just west' of Roans Prairie but another of the crew said it was going about 3/4 mile from him to one of the properties that is part of the old Sealy Estate. They broke it up into 2-300 acre tracts some time ago and one of the property owners sold his to an electric generating company. Don't know the name of it but it is across the road approximately from the old Fuller nursery, back in those woods, north of 30. It has been kept pretty quiet and overshadowed by the expansion of the Tenaska plant east of RP.
RMC91
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.