Salata Question

3,820 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Trident15
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm slightly interested in trying the new salata place, if for no other reason than I'm tired of only being able to get a salad with everything I want on it at Jason's Deli (which is delicious, dont get me wrong, but that place is just WAY too crowded). I'm wondering if the line at Salata is like Jason's or Soup or Salad, where you make your own salad, or someone behind a line is doing it for you - the website doesn't explain it very well.

Also, as their menu is VERY limited, especially with respect to young children, do you think there would be a problem if I brought PB&Js for the kids? They aren't salad eaters and there are no other options!
Prune Tracy
Someone behind the counter makes it for you, like at Subway. I haven't been to one that is sit down, so I can't speak for the sandwiches.
Butterflygrl
Someone behind the counter makes it and they are pretty skimpy. I wasn't impressed. I brought food for my little one and they didn't mind.
jja79
AG
One trip to Salata will really make you appreciate Jason's salad bar.

Doesn't Jason's have a kiosk you can order soup or salad from, swipe your card and skip the line? The ones I've been to have it.
befitter
I liked it. Fresh and lots of options. Not as crowded as Jason's
Max06
AG
Quality is there. They do give you itty bitty portions but (like Freebirds) only charge extra for additional meat & things like avacado.

I wasn't keen on a $11 salad though.
AgProgrammer
AG
It's very good but just go in knowing that you are going to spend over $12/person for a salad and water. My only complaint is the portion size...especially considering the price.
rcannaday
AG
Salata is smart, by using those small spoons. You just have to be smarter by asking for multiple spoons of whatever you want. I literally go in there, and ask for everything and then ask for a few more spoons than their normal. The tortillas are pretty amazing. And I am glad they are here.
new straw
I know there was a big ordeal in Houston, because they refused service when customers brought in food for their kids. I just heard it on the radio, but it was some sort of health code thing that you're not supposed to do that.
rp71
Tons of options. When they skimp, I ask for more of whatever I want more of. The workers never complain about it. I like that I can get meat on my salad.
meezermom
Hmm, sounds like Jason's is much better both family-friendly wise and for getting the amount I want. I guess I'll continue to dream that someday we get a Ruby Tuesday's with their fantastic salad bar! Thanks to all of you for the info - I'm definitely not going to spend that kind of money for a skimpy salad and have to take food for my kids because they have no kid-friendly options when I could go to Jason's for half that price and keep the family happy!
jodiw
We have been twice and really enjoyed it. I get the small salad and have them add more of what I want. I believe with grilled chicken and water my total was only $10 - which seemed fair. Super clean and no one sneezing/no kids grabbing from the salad bar

My child had a salad - but may be a little older if you have small ones. they do have a kids size salad though.
montegobay
We went yesterday. I loved it. If they don't give you enough, ask for more, and they happily add it. Delicious dressings and soups too.
wilddaizy
I like Salata. I always get a large to go and it always has enough salad/extras in it but if it didn't, all you have to do is ask--no biggie. $10 a little pricey but it is very clean, items fresh and taste yummy. Definitely recommend.
Tagguy
AG
Their salads are so much better than you get at Jason's Deli that it isn't funny. I eat at Salata on a fairly regular basis. While it may not be the cheapest around for a salad you get quite a bit more than many places and it really is not bad at all for the price.

As far as food for the kids....I can't even imagine doing this. Why more places do not speak up about it I'll never know.
FlyRod
I didn't know salads weren't a kid-friendly option, having grown up eating them just fine and watching friends of mine with kids that seem to like them just fine (not insanely crazy about them, mind you).
Trident15
AG
I'm not sure why it costs more to get salmon on a large salad than a small salad. You get the same size piece for both sizes.

Other than that, it's a great place for an expensive salad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.