Disaster City volunteers needed!

3,621 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by redball
Be Prepared
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have some volunteer opportunities coming up in a few weeks to help with a search canine
testing and evaluation event to be held at Disaster City. The FEMA canine evaluation is the weekend of October 18 and 19, 2014 which is a Saturday and Sunday.
You can even sign up for multiple shifts if you like. Please share this information with anyone you think would be interested in volunteering for one or more shifts.
We need help with this evaluation so that canine teams can become certified.

By volunteering your time, you will have a direct role in making sure our nation is prepared to respond in times of need.

Thank you,

TEEX

Link to Register: http://www.teex.org/teex.cfm?pageid=training&area=teex&templateid=14&Division=ESTI&Course=RES502

Video of a similar event:
ksp
sounds awesome! wish I was going to be in town!
AggiePirate
AG
Is there food involved, or at least refreshments? Is there a problem with face tattoos?
Be Prepared
Not certain about food, might want to bring your own snacks, but each shift is only 3 hours. Water is defiantly provided. Facial tattoos....not an issue. The dogs are only concerned with your smell.
w8liftr
quote:
Not certain about food, might want to bring your own snacks, but each shift is only 3 hours. Water is defiantly provided.
Exactly how defiant is TEEX when it comes to water for volunteers?
ksp
Be Prepared
NO WATER FOR YOU....YOU ARE BEING DEFINITE!

I can definitively say that even defiant people get water.....
BlueMiles
Be Prepared
I must be careful not to expose the fact that I have a "scents" of humor. I am employed by the government...that could be detrimental to climbing the career "latter".

TEEX
ksp
You spelled TEX wrong
AggiePirate
AG
What brand of water, if I may inquire? Some of us may have allergies to certain brands. Also what kind of door prizes can we expect?
Be Prepared
It may be some of our "TEX" branded water. You must be careful though because I can assure you it probably contains Dihydrogen Monoxide and we all know that stuff can kill you....

Door prizes?
Eye patches and wooden legs. Grand prize is a parrot. Perfect for you Pirate!
Baseball32
Do we get to keep the dog if it finds us? Do any of the volunteers get to ride in the nice boats and truck TEEX has. Will MRE's be giving out? Will there be a chance to fish in the pond while we wait? Will there be Alligator wrestling in between water breaks?
OnlyANobody
Will MRE's be giving out WHAT?
Be Prepared
No MRE's will be giving out in a boat. There is no fishing in the moat. There are no rides in the truck.....

Alligator wrestling.....you are out of luck....

Seriously, we need you. Please consider volunteering your time to help prepare response teams from around the Nation.

And no.....

You can't keep the dog.

TE(E)X
AgFan1999
AG
They never gave me my free mug! NEVER! DO YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?!?!?
Baseball32
OK will send the kids out there. Can we at least have kolache Rolf's? Maybe throw in a couple Task Force patches and shirts or Hard Hats with the Task Force sticks on it. We like to play RESCUE RANDY sometimes. If the kids get attached to the canine can they at least take him/ or her home for the weekend?
Be Prepared
Baseball32...

Not sure about the rest of it, but you are welcome to as many "Task Force sticks" as you can carry. They are usually found under the trees.

AgFan...
Post an email and I will do my best to get you a mug.
Baseball32
Maybe just maybe they will let you fire up the airplane prop and you can roast some Winnie and cook S'mores for lunch.
Baseball32
Bear is a fine meal!
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Door prizes?
Eye patches and wooden legs. Grand prize is a parrot. Perfect for you Pirate!

Turf-Ag02
AG
I'm assuming the large boom I heard this morning originated from this training......
redball
Turf, I would not assume so. The canine training primarily involves hiding volunteers inside the rubble pile for a period of time and sending the dog to go find them. Booms normally not required.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.