Neighbors constantly barking dogs

6,973 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ksp
ksp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember a few threads on this, had some move in behind us a few months ago, just constant yap yap yap from the little things.

Read some things about the dog silencers with mixed results.

Searched and found one that will go off at the dog from 75 ft (most are 25 ft) and the best part is it has a remote control and has a pitch humans won't hear (but then how do you know it is working?) and one that you can hear. I opted to use the sound humans can hear, for obvious reasons.

Got mine Friday night, was still a little far, which I suspected, unless they got right up on fence, so as we sat there I kept activating every time they barked, after about 10 blast they had a slow steady growl going.

Saturday during Aggie they started in again, we had doors and windows open, so I began to blast away when they barked. They got quiet quicker. Continue this until last night I went outside, dead silence. I banged around some, cleared my throat, slammed the door, all cues to start barking. nothing,

Thought the owners caught a clue and put them inside. Today at lunch, silence again, but slamming lid on smoker he went yap yap yap, so blasted him and quiet again.

tested inside when I got on my labs, who don't bark hardly at all when outside, my black lab didn't like it , the brown could careless.

About $20 more than most silencers. The good life bark silencer if you need it. Peace finally again

BlazeHarper
Excellent news ksp !
I have dogs that are barking from our new neighbors. I am thinking about building a system and let the kids join in as another geek project for them.
Hope they stay quiet
TARDIS
AG
Oh wow, a remote control one! Do you mind sharing the brand?
ksp
quote:

The good life bark silencer if you need it.

BlueMiles
AG
Does it have a sensitivity adjustment? Those are nice.
ksp
Here
AggiePirate
AG
Much more good vibey
toolshed
AG
There were a lot of good laughs here, its a shame they were sent to the abyss...
ksp
a bunch of sticks in the mud
75AG
AG
If EE finds that device for his wife, I would like one as well.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
If EE finds that device for his wife, I would like one as well.
Builder93
AG
ksp, are you in Bryan or CS?
ksp
Hmmm afraid to answer in case you are my neighbor lol
ksp
CS
Wildmen03
AG
I have some neighbors that had a pair of dogs that would attack the fence whenever anyone was out in my yard. Oh, and heaven forbid if I was weedeating along the fence. I had to screw some posts back into place because they were jumping against the fence trying to get at me.

Long story short, I got a water pistol filled with insane hot sauce and a few shots right at their noses stopped them of that pretty quick.
ksp
nice! My next plan was one of those foghorns deals they use ta sporting events, I figured a few blast would annoy the dogs and as a added bonus, the owners.

My wife said I was having to much fun with the remote and blasting the dogs!!

Amazing what brings you fun at middle age!
dachsie
These devices are not harmful to the dogs are they? Reason I ask is that one of mine go insane when the phone rings or the alrm clock goes off. i would love to break him of this habit. He did not use to do this.
ksp
They state it is Humane, just annoying to their ears.
Builder93
AG
Recently moved to Bryan, but we have kept our dog on a short leash. I don't like hearing him bark, but he likes talking to the dogs behind us. which are really annoying. I don't want to be that neighbor.
ksp
Update, I never hear these dogs anymore. it is damn nice now!
Post removed:
by user
ksp
http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/dog-silencer.htm?pk_campaign=Google-Merchant-Feed&pk_kwd=%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=CI2Wm9WPvMECFe0-MgodZmYA3Q#page=Main-Tab

Give it a good 5-7 days of non stop blasting and that was when the best results came!
Tailgate88
AG
Just wanted to share that we bought the Dog Silencer mentioned above, and for the first time in three years have a quiet house. Our shelter girl is really sweet, but nervous and would bark at everything. Not anymore! We use the remote mode only and within a few days she figured it out. It's amazing. Definitely worth the money.
ksp
My neighbors dogs will still bark but I turn it on and it goes to a low growl to silence within a few minutes lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.