Anywhere to watch the A&M/State game in Round Top?

1,896 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rather be fishing
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife wants me to go Saturday, and I typically enjoy Round Top, but I need to find somewhere to watch the game if I do go. So far, I'm seeing that Third Base in Warrenton opens at 4:00, which is not helpful.

Any ideas?
LGAggie
AG
The Stone Cellar in round top. It's not big inside but that's where the TV is. Lots of good beers too.
rather be fishing
AG
Awesome, I like that place. I've always sat outside, so I don't guess I realized they had a TV.
LGAggie
AG
In the corner, behind the bar.

Love that place too.

3rd base might be open in time too. With everything going on out there this weekend, I can't imagine they'll stay closed till 4.
rather be fishing
AG
Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to give both places a call tomorrow afternoon and see what their plans are. I'd really like to hit up my usual cadre of junk tents and find all kinds of crap I need (but don't really need), but I'll stay home and watch football if there isn't a good game watching option in Fayette County.
LGAggie
AG
Not that watching this crap is worth it but what'd you find?
rather be fishing
AG
'Travis' at Stone Cellar was a terrible business purveyor. Got there right before 11:00 and asked him if he'd have the game on. His quote was, "That's honestly the last thing on my mind right now, but if it's on I'll have it on the TV. We had a big lunch rush yesterday and the last thing we need is a bunch of people standing around in the way."

Told him I understood it was a hectic weekend for them, turned around and left. Terrible way to get people into your establishment.

Stopped and had lunch at Reba's near Zapp Hall and they had the game on. Food was like cafeteria food, but they did have the game. Game was awful too, mind you.
rather be fishing
AG
Oh, and Third Base closed down. They had a bunch of clothing racks inside the building and a for sale sign on the outside of the building.
LGAggie
AG
That's unfortunate.
Post removed:
by user
rather be fishing
AG
I ended up with a pair of anteater boots that only cost me $45, so I'd say it worked out pretty good for me, all in all.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.