Suddenlink TV service

1,665 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 75AG
Crusader
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone else have trouble with Suddenlink TV cable? They advertise against dish service because of the interruptions, but I get them all the time with Suddenlink. Their ads say, don't be "dishappointed", but it couldn't be any worse than with Suddenlink.

When I called them, I was told to just unplug everything and then replug and the problem would be solved. Nope! And at the worst times, the programs go blank and the re-initializing message comes on. I've lived all over and have had cable in all those places, but have never had worse than Suddenlink. Is this unusual? I've never had dish, but am strongly considering it here.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I've had issues with suddenlink tv so many times. I've never had issues since switching to dish.
Post removed:
by user
rhoswen
AG
My dish/DIRECTV went out three times in 7 years for rain. One of those was Ike.
redd38
AG
My Suddenlink TV has never gone out. Sounds like you have a bad cable box.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
In the past 15 years, I've never had an issue with my Suddenlink service that wasn't resolved with a few minutes on the phone with their support or just simply unplugging the DVR for a minute and plugging it back in.

Never had slow internet, only lost service once (during a vicious storm) and when I did have a bad DVR, they came out and replaced it and haven't had an issue since.

Some people are luckier than others, I suppose.
Smokin Chisel
AG
Had the same problem as the OP, called they viewed my usage found out that the signal kept dropping. They sent out a repairman and he changed all the connectors in the house and have not had a bit of trouble since. That was 4 years ago
LandscapeChick
Does anyone have our area person's email address still? I'm searching and just can't find it.

Disconnected my internet due to moving in May, receive a final bill with an equipment penalty fee for equipment that I never had (I purchase my own equipment) July-ish, called and they acknowledged the issue and was to send a revised bill.

Today I received a letter from a bill collector stating that my account has been turned over to collections and that I owe for that final month plus the equipment. Called suddenlink and was told there is nothing they can do about it! I'm beyond mad. Logged into my credit monitoring service and sure enough it hit my credit.

I realize it's my fault for not following up, I honestly forgot about it. But I never had any intention of not paying for that final month, I just wanted a revised bill acknowledging that I didn't have any equipment.

Sorry for the dialogue...
bcstx06
You guys know that Suddenlink is dropping several channels tomorrow including MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, VH1, TVLand, Spike, BET and CMT.

They are adding FXX, The Hallmark Channel, Investigation Discovery, OWN, Pivot, sprout, The Blaze and UP! to replace these channels.
75AG
AG
quote:
You guys know that Suddenlink is dropping several channels tomorrow including MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, VH1, TVLand, Spike, BET and CMT.

They are adding FXX, The Hallmark Channel, Investigation Discovery, OWN, Pivot, sprout, The Blaze and UP! to replace these channels.
Seems like an even swap.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.