Traffic Cameras on Deacon

1,728 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by techno-ag
ems_13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy! So I was stupid and stopped at the red light on deacon and longmire, but proceeded to treat it like a stop sign and run the red light! I know there are no red light detection cameras in CS anymore, but there was a little black camera on top of the light! Was this just a sensor? Can ot be used to give me a ticket?
Thanks and Gig'em!
Stucco
Not that what you did was legal, but you don't have anything to worry about if you didn't get in an accident and didn't get pulled over. Those camera are used for traffic flow control.
Swarely
Oh man I had forgotten about the red light controversy a few years back. Good times.
DeckMe80
When CS had red light cameras I stopped spending money at any CS business. I was often pulling a trailer and found it nerve-wracking to even drive through CS if I had to. A couple of years ago I got a red light ticket in Bastrop where Hwy 71 turns onto 21 just south of Buccee's. I didn't remember running it, and the picture they sent me looked like the red in the stoplight was photo-shopped, sloppily. Was way too bright compared to the other colors in the picture. I paid it but started a permanent boycott of all businesses in Bastrop--even Buccee's. Red light cameras are bad for business. Thank goodness CS realized that.
Scooley01
AG
The last few weeks I've noticed an epidemic of folks running red lights around town. It's like people think the light turning red means "Alright, you're the last car, no more after you." I finally see why so many people threw a fit about the Red Light Cameras...they would have to change how they drive!
Look Out Below
AG
It's been longer than the last few weeks...
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
What you see on top of the traffic lights are either a traffic sensing device (determines how long the light holds traffic) or it could have been part of the traffic pre-emption device (gives a green light for emergency response vehicles so there is less chance of a motorist colliding with them).

You are safe, there are no traffic cameras that issue citations.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
It's been longer than the last few weeks...

It's been since late August.

Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.