Texas Reds

6,158 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by OldArmy1606
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great job by Sandy Farris & everyone else. It gets better every year.
gopitt
Nobody was comparing it to New Braunfels.
DBA
Here is another opportunity to provide feedback: http://bit.ly/txreds2014

This was definitely a team effort. My events manager, Amanda Reynolds, is a rock star, hands down. If I start listing others, I'll probably leave someone out, but there were many who put in a great deal of time to make this happen.

OldArmy1606
My wife and I have gone a few times over the years, mainly due to living out of state or because of work.
We've always looked forward to going every year. Our first year going was by far the best, back in 2009 i believe. We loved the layout and the steaks! J. Cody's needs to come back and cook steaks.

We went again another time, but it was disappointing. I think that was the time they had the fencing, the wineries were strangely spread out. No steak. Hot. Also the strange fenced off VIP section.

I think last year was our first time back in a long time. I missed the little HEB sampling glasses. No steak was a bummer too. Hot and humid. The rain didn't bother me. We stayed despite the rain. Didn't like how spread out the wineries were though. I'm glad they've been centralized now.

We came back again this year, could only stay so long because we were going to watch the game. Had a good time, loved how there are Texas craft beers. Had a lot of wineries too, which was very cool. Great opportunity for these businesses to get their name out. I know I'll be looking out for a few of the craft brews in stores and visiting their brewery. Free parking in the garage was excellent. Thought the layout was great. I don't think I'd change much from this except time of year or weekend and someone cooking steaks.

As for the tickets, I also did get mine from online and I wish it was made clear which booths to go to. I went to one and they told me I had to go to another one further up the street.

I also wonder about the timing of the event, is there no way to have this in the Spring? No football season, it won't be hot if held early enough. Perhaps around Parent's Weekend?

Look forward to next year and hopefully I can book a room in the La Salle this time.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.