Napa Flats

15,367 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by techno-ag
ro828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I finally had a chance to eat there tonight, and it was a major disappointment. Several of us were sampling from each other's plates, and IMHO the food was grossly overpriced and of indifferent quality. Better than airline food, not quite as good as hospital food.

That said, the service was great and the place was packed. How do y'all feel on the topic?
Wildmen03
AG
I try not to.
justalocal
Haven't eaten there yet but my boss has good things to say about it.
Muzzleblast
I've yet to meet a woman who didn't love it. Guys, indifferent.

I've eaten there and it was fine, but only just. There are places in town with much better food.

Perhaps its the atmosphere.
rhoswen
AG
Been twice, not a huge fan. But their sundried tomato dip/spread is to. die. for.
rsa
AG
Been once, and we enjoyed it well enough. It is definitely a special occasion place for us--too pricey for a regular haunt.
Agsroll
AG
Food has been excellent every time I've been there. Lunch and dinner
jja79
AG
Thoroughly enjoyed it and found it very reasonably priced.
FlyRod
There have easily been half a dozen or more Napa Flats threads on this board. Some people really like it. Some people don't. In other words, it's a BCS restaurant.
DBSwooper
quote:
There have easily been half a dozen or more Napa Flats threads on this board. Some people really like it. Some people don't. In other words,
it's a BCS restaurant.

We all know what we say really doesn't matter. We should consult the undisputed king of all things food in B/CS. Slap on your tin foil hat and lets check in with GregD.
FlyRod
Careful what you wish for...
CrottyKid
AG
Had grilled chicken bowtie pasta. Delicious.
Yuccadoo
Was a favorite and we were 'regulars'. Then quality started to slide a little. Last 2 times were a major disappointment. Owners expanding in other cities. Service has definitely gone way downhill and I never see the owners around anymore. The last time the food was just not up to par at all. Too bad....Hard to grow and maintain quality simultaneously.
jja79
AG
Had a nice visit with the owner on my last visit.

I'm curious about those who mention price. What's a good price point for a nice sit down place?
ro828
As to the price issue, I knew things were going downhill when our order of hummus arrived. It was good, probably homemade. But for $8 we got a tablespoon or so of hummus with some black olives, a few slivers of bread, and some carrots and cucumbers. Total cost of the food if bought at the store: probably between fifty and seventy-five cents. It would have made a hearty appetizer...for a hummingbird.

Things like this just make me miss The Grapevine more and more.
Stucco
The food was fine for our single visit...it just wasn't worth the price so we never went back.
Lucinda
Food was good. Service not so much. We told our waitress twice that we would like to order only to have her turn around and walk away. Her tip reflected the lack of attention. The waitstaff seemed to be more interested in the football game than serving the customers.
Yuccadoo
quote:
Food was good. Service not so much. We told our waitress twice that we would like to order only to have her turn around and walk away. Her tip reflected the lack of attention. The waitstaff seemed to be more interested in the football game than serving the customers.
I actually gave up and got my order to go because the staff were all watching the TV in the bar and I ran out of time to eat it there simply trying to get them to come take my order. Recently, my wife and I drove in to get Gelato and arrived 30 minutes before closing...sorry, 'we put it up already'. Owner better step up and get his staff back on point or this stuff will catch up with them.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I actually gave up and got my order to go because the staff were all watching the TV in the bar and I ran out of time to eat it there simply trying to get them to come take my order. Recently, my wife and I drove in to get Gelato and arrived 30 minutes before closing...sorry, 'we put it up already'. Owner better step up and get his staff back on point or this stuff will catch up with them.

Went once. Liked it.
FlyRod
Have been over a dozen times. No experience was disappointing. There have been a few service issues with the young staff, but nothing that would make me not want to return. Have had great service at the bar. Food has always been good except for a few kinda soggy pizza issues which were fixed last time I was there. Prices seem very reasonable and they don't seem to have gone up since they opened. Most times I've been there the owner has been out chatting with guests.
Gigem314
AG
They double-charged my credit card the one time I went there and it took a month or two to finally sort out with my credit card company. I've never had that happen before. Doesn't give me any incentive for going back.
Raven
S
I have always enjoyed Napa....Redfish is excellent....Salamon is also....like the bar area....good TV's for sports viewing....no complaints on my end...eaten there about 15 times I would guess....
crbongos
AG
I like it. I'm a regular. Great, fun atmosphere. Tom Kenney, owner, is very involved and I love the food as well. especially the Greek plate (I forget what its called). Can't wait to take advantage of outside patio now that weather is cooler.
RockofAges
Will try
dgonzo99
It could have been just a bad night. Try it again. Then if it is still bad, don't ever go back. I gave Sodolaks on University another try. The situation was even worse. I never went back. Friends had a similar experience. They aren't open anymore. Talk to the owners. Give them a chance.
FlyRod
This is my bcs! One chance only!
Butterflygrl
I love Napa Flats! The pizza is great and the Filet is melt in your mouth delicious. It is one of our favorites for mom's night out.
TXAggie1976
AG
We went last night for the first time and loved the salmon!!! Awesome service. We sat outside and it was very relaxing...............
Rhinos GB
Napa Flats is easily on our regular rotation for dinner / drinks. No complaints here at all.
nashvilleaggie11
Yep, we love Napa Flats. Great pizza, salads, and dangerously good Paolo Alto Dip. Only time I ever had trouble was on a Friday night 20 minutes after we ordered, the waitress came over and said they were out of pizza for the night...uhh....that was bad. But otherwise, love it.
PhiAggie
AG
I went once and wasnt impressed with the food. The bar was nice but for the price it was too much like a burger joint in feel. I likely wont be going back.

Ill gladly support them through Grub though.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ate here for the first time yesterday for lunch. had the ribeye kababs. they were excellent and perfectly cooked.

i will say though that the service can definitely be better. the waiter took forever to come get our order, we never got any bread at all (other tables had it so not sure why we didn't), and we didn't get asked about any refills or anything once our food came.

Food was a 10
Service was a 3
DrinkerX
halibut sinclair
Napa Flats
Flatlander
quote:
we never got any bread at all

The table bread is complementary, but it is by request only.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.