Moving back to College Station

2,464 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FlyRod
Dwjdvm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have recently accepted a job at A&M and will be moving back to College Station in January. Does anyone have any recommendations for apartments that are nice and more suited for a family instead of students? Thanks
techno-ag
AG
I'd keep an eye out for a nice house to rent and avoid the apartment complexes.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Check out the places on Copperfield and Pendleton. Also Gramercy. There was a poster here trying to sublet her 1 bedroom apt in a nice complex.
saltydog13
AG
^^ like the above post, You're better off looking for a house to rent for as much as these apartments charge over on university. (21 gramercy, park Hudson etc..)
SW AG80
AG
Crescent Pointe Apts. I lived there for a year. Only students appeared to be grad students.
Dwjdvm
AG
Thanks for the help/advice.
rhoswen
AG
21 Gramercy isn't expensive at all.
dubi
AG
Do you have a price range?

I agree a house would be best.
dubi
AG
House for rent
blm07
My current roommate is graduating from grad school in December and will be moving, so I am looking for a new roommate. Not sure if you're interested in a house with a roommate, but if so, reply with your email and I can send you some details.
AggiePhil
AG
Djwdvm, do you have an email address I can contact you at?
FlyRod
There are some (few and far between) apartments and condos that rent to adults, but there are always some students mixed in with them. Colleague of mine lives in some pretty nice ones out near the airport that are about $1500 to start for a one bedroom apartment. Other colleagues swore by a condo complex near or behind Johnny Carino's on Harvey Road, but that may be to buy only.

Techno is right, your best bet is to find a house to rent. I have very very rarely come across anyone around here who is happy with the apartment situation in BCS.

Which is why (not to reference another thread) the much maligned Stylecraft Homes are an attractive option, positioned as they are between the McMansions of Pebble Creek and the student or thug apartment complexes/projects.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.