Ladies, I need help identifying this bra please.

5,557 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rhoswen
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife and I cannot think of no better way to solve this than to put it out in front of thousands. She has a hard time finding the right fitting bra, and has only "one" that fits really good. She cannot for the life of her, remember the brand name nor where she got it from. She thinks she could have gotten it from Walmart or Target.

Could anyone out there help in identifying the brand name/model of this bra? We are hoping the pattern on the base as well as material might help in making a match.

Thanks and I appreciate in advance the kind and mature responses that hopefully we will have. I know it's TexAgs, but please help?

Scruffy
AG
Are there no tags?

And, while a male with little need for bras, I have learned from my femLe friends and family that usually the walmart/target ones don't seem to fit as well as ones from specialty shops.

Could it be something her friends or family (mother/sister/etc) picked up as a gift one time? (I know that's unlikely, but throwing it out).

Fun note: the bottom of the last pic looks like the lace/design says "SEC".
Mathguy64
AG
My wife says the strap looks like a Victorias secret strap so getting it at WM or T would likely make it Vanity Fair.

I don't have a clue but I'm pretty sure It would be easier to tell if the picture were not of an empty bra
WildlifeAg02
Yes, a bit bored, and killing a few minutes before starting dinner.

Found this, seems close:

JCPenney
rhoswen
AG
Your wife needs to go get fitted properly and she won't have the problem of only having one comfortable bra.
NativeTxn
Closest I've found so far.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Women-s-Hanes-G188-Natural-Lift-Shape-Unlined-Bra/26977930

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Women-s-Seamless-Foam-Cup-Sports-Bra/21281353?findingMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems

Wow. 2 hours in and no objectionable comments. I'm impressed. And I have no idea what brand of bra it might be. Sorry.
gettingitdone
Gosh the one from JCP " Bali", and the Hanes one from Walmart look identical. Both look very similar to the OP's pic. Either way, it is a good start. BTW,,,,good bras that don't cost and arm and a leg are really hard to find.
JayMM_02
AG
you've given a lot of people justification for some questionable searches ... not that a lot of them would need it though, I guess
PrincessButtercup
AG
What rho said. A good fitting (usually not the Victoria's Secret kind) will save her a lot of trouble in the future.
medic1969p
I would say it looks like Just My Size full figure from WalMart. Google and look at the images. I think it' s pretty close.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
quote:
Your wife needs to go get fitted properly and she won't have the problem of only having one comfortable bra.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
She needs to find her actual bra size because if only one bra ''fits'' she is probably in the wrong size. Dillards has a great selection with lots of band and cup size combinations and European retailers like brastop also have lots of sizes and great deals.
anaggiemom
S
First of all, I am amazed and proud of the lack of tasteless comments - maybe because the man is talking about his wife.

Secondly, I am amazed and proud that so many people have been nice enough to try to help - but a little sad that we have so much time on our hands.

Lastly, I understand the problem - have found myself in the same situation. I hope to remember to write the info down the next time I find a really good bra.
mhnatt
Thank you so much for the suggestions, though the ones that are similar aren't the ones, so we have to keep trying.

As far as the problem being identified as her not being fitted for the correct bra, we will have to disagree. This is simply a matter of an individual finding a particular brand/model that she absolutely likes more than any that she has found in her entire life and unfortunately does not have the tags nor history to go back to. There have been many bras that have fit her pretty good (I won't dwell any further on her experience), but this one in particular has stood the test of time, not only fitting good, but held up in the wash - something that takes time in order to discover. I guess I would equate it to someone giving you a pair of boots that feel and hold up better than any others you have ever had but you have no idea what brand/model they are. This isn't necessarily related to how well you have been fitted/measured by a shoe salesman, but rather the particular brand/model as all of them, even the same size, fit differently.

But please, disagree with me at will, but the issue at hand is trying to identify this particular brand/model.

All of your help is so much appreciated!
TKDMom
If she thinks it came from Target or Walmart, she can probably narrow the search down quite a bit by checking which brands they each carry. I know WalMart used to carry Playtex, as well as some other brands. I'm more familiar with Target. Some possible contenders there could be Hanes, Warners, Bali, and Gilligan & O'Malley.

So far as the comment about getting fitted. I agree it's important to have a fitting to ensure the right size, but it's equally important to understand that different bras will fit differently, so a size that fits perfectly in one brand, may need to be adjusted for another.
ratfacemcdougal
I think I would lean toward the Bali at JC Penny, that was linked earlier, for a starting point. My thought is that although the pattern is different it is similar in the style. Just like cars, the bra people are going to do different things every year to get you to buy something new. I get the impression that the one in the picture you posted is a number of years old so I doubt you will find and exact match. Just my 2 cents
Post removed:
by user
dachsie
Go to Top Drawer Lingerie in Houston in the Uptown Park shopping center near the Galleria. They will properly fit your wife with bras that fit well.
#1hero
looks like a Bali bra to me
pink84
This is a Lane Bryant sports bra. They no longer carry it.
rhoswen
AG
quote:
Go to Top Drawer Lingerie in Houston in the Uptown Park shopping center near the Galleria. They will properly fit your wife with bras that fit well.

He's already addressed this. Searching for a needle in a haystack is easier.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.