Guy holding a sign

20,042 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by funkytownaggie
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a guy holding a sign at the intersection of Texas and University. He's facing so that Eastbound cars on University that are turning South on Texas can read it. Anyone know what it says? I was headed the other direction but I could see one side said "Don't Stop".

You'll sometimes see protestors at that spot, but it seems like this young gentleman is trying to give a public service announcement to the people that stop unnecessarily before making that turn.
DrQuincy
AG
That's allsome...
DrQuincy
AG
Oh, and You have your own lane
DrQuincy
AG
redd38
AG
Haha, i love it.
Aggie
AG
nice
SoTheySay
S
Please tell that man I am buying him dinner.
Broncos
pacecar02
yes

Yes

YES!!
NativeTxn
While I understand the behavior of other drivers can be frustrating, I just cannot imagine flipping my lid enough to stand out there with a sign. Its funny and kind of not funny at the same time. In fact, its a little scary how close to losing it some people get about other drivers. The 10-15 seconds it takes for someone to realize they don't have to stop in that lane, at that light is not going to make much difference in your life unless you have someone in your car that isn't breathing... In which case, you are in the wrong lane.

We all run into crappy drivers and heavy traffic. Just pop in some favorite tunes and enjoy the ride home or to work or where ever you are headed. Life is way too short to get this worked up.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Nice.
AggieDarlin
AG
I am in love with that guy
rsa
AG
He doesn't look like he's flipped his lid to me. He looks rather calm, pointing out a simple truth that way too many drivers at that intersection just don't seem to grasp.
eagleese
AG
Consider it a public service announcement.
rhoswen
AG
Someone find out who that guy is. I'll buy him a beer.
justalocal
Ain't no one got time for that....
Scruffy
AG
quote:

Ignore his sign
Stop
Ask him
rday34
He needs to go to Hwy 6 & University turning right from 6 to university to the west, next to Exxon/Cheddars. That one drives me up a wall when people sit there waiting.
BlueMiles
OnlyANobody
quote:
He needs to go to Hwy 6 & University turning right from 6 to university to the west, next to Exxon/Cheddars. That one drives me up a wall when people sit there waiting.
This.
BlazeHarper
It would be nice if CSPD pulled people over who stop.
Not sure if there is legal justification to write a ticket but why not !
redd38
AG
quote:
It would be nice if CSPD pulled people over who stop.
Not sure if there is legal justification to write a ticket but why not !

There is, you can't just stop for no reason.
TKDMom
I'd totally buy that guy a drink. I can't even begin to count how many times I've been driving that way and had to stop because someone doesn't understand that they can make a right turn and keep going then merge with the traffic on Texas if they need to get over to the left. There's nothing like having to come to a complete stop and seeing the grill of a pick up behind you suddenly fill your rearview mirror.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have no desire to become the Mustang sandwich between the minivan that comes to a complete stop and the oversized F150 that slipped in behind me expecting to keep moving.
Max06
AG
quote:
quote:

Ignore his sign
Stop
Ask him

Someone please please please do this! And video tape it.
firefly1204
Only problem I have is that "some" drivers are clueless and try to get over anyway. That's why I yield.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Future traffic Engineer
marrocco
According to reddit/Aggieland, he was ticketed around 3pm. (I'd consider contributing to a legal defense for him.)
rhoswen
AG
Ticketed FOR WHAT
techno-ag
AG
quote:
According to reddit/Aggieland, he was ticketed around 3pm.

Tailgate88
AG
quote:
i'll pick up the second round. Great job, random dude! We all thought it, you actually got out there and did something about it!
Ag20??
AG
quote:
According to reddit/Aggieland, he
was ticketed around 3pm. (I'd consider contributing to a legal defense
for him.)

Since when is it illegal to hold a sign on a thoroughfare? People do it all the time for car washes and the ilk.
AggieDarlin
AG
Especially when the sign has no directions indicated. It simply states "you have your own lane".
AggiePhil
AG
quote:
According to reddit/Aggieland, he was ticketed around 3pm. (I'd consider contributing to a legal defense for him.)
Not true. An officer responded because someone called in claiming that he was stepping out into traffic but no violation was observed and no citations were issued.
rhoswen
AG
Oh whew.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Not true. An officer responded because someone called in claiming that he was stepping out into traffic but no violation was observed and no citations were issued.

Killjoys.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.