Mold in Caldwell Elementary

1,245 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SARATOGA
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang they spent $1.8 million eliminating "non-toxic" mold from Caldwell Elementary. Took six months, it was discovered in March. T&P. That kind of change buys a lot of new construction.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Caldwell-Elementary-School-Reopens-After-Mold-Removal-and-Renovations-275351021.html
FlyRod
I don't think I've seen that emoticon much. Use it more often!
toolshed
AG
IIRC, they decided to do some much needed repairs/ remodeling in addition to the remediation. In the video of the story, they showed where it appeared they had to excavate tunnels under the school large enough to walk and run equipment in. I am assuming they weren't already there. Part of the issue was moisture collection under the school building, i think.

It's an old story, had been reported on multiple times over the past few months.
techno-ag
AG
The mold issue may be an old story, but the school reopened yesterday.
halibut sinclair
Please provide some statistics on mold remediation cases and renovation vs. new construction.
FlyRod
95_Aggie
toolshed
AG
I gathered from your post that it was about spending $1.8 million on mold remediation and that that could have been spent on new construction. I was simply pointing out that it wasn't solely for remediation. I did not see anything about the school opening in the OP other than the link.
AgsWin2011
AG
1.8 mil could maybe get you a 4-6 classroom addition in today's market.
Mon Dow 2000
AG
New elementary schools cost between $20M and $25M.
techno-ag
AG
From what I understand, Iola got a new football field and a new elementary building for $10 million.

I think Caldwell's last bond election was for $5.7 million, so this represented a big chunk.
Ronnie Gardocki
quote:
Please provide some statistics on mold remediation cases and renovation vs. new construction.

Wildmen03
AG
I was worried they found mold again, then I realized this was an old story. Thank goodness.
SARATOGA
Former Dallas ISD administrator wants more students to take SAT test

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2014/06/lower_sat_scores_disprove_allegations_again_superintendent_which_were_nutsoid_anyway.php
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.