Is Muldoon's closed?

1,965 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by jmazz
PointMan06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heard two people say Muldoon's was closed.
Anybody know? I love Muldoon's but always wondered how many cups of coffee they'd need to sell to hold down that much retail space.
AgProgrammer
AG
Shut it down a couple of weeks ago with no notice. Just a quick announcement on their Facebook page saying "thanks for the past 5 years" and then deleted the account a few hours later.

Workers who were clearing the place out said that Chris owns another venture in Dallas and that it was too much for him to manage both. So he shut down Muldoons and moved all the furnishings to Dallas.
boredatwork08
AG
Most of the furnishing are actually at Carney's.
Scruffy
AG
An article in the Batt said someone bought it and was going to add adult beverage coffees.
ellipsiscricket
Hmmm... I totally had some money left on a gift card for Muldoons. That's a bummer.

Hope the employees find work elsewhere. Batt article says they will be "adamant about securing jobs for all of the former Muldoon's employees."
Look Out Below
AG
I think someone bought the recipes/goods, etc., not the location. IIRC it's someone in the Corner Bar/Carney's/Icehouse group that did so.
OnlyANobody
Before they took their FB page down, Muldoon's posted that they were moving to Carney's.
jmazz
AG
Barry Ivins bought their recipes and will be doing an 'adult beverage' twist at his Carney's location. There was an article in The Eagle or somewhere a week or two ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.