Where should I buy for $250,000 in CS?

987 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by dannyag07
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is the best approach to this price point for a family? Seems to be a bit of a no mans land - lots of $200k and $325k but in between is sparse.

TIA
carpe vinum
AG
In town, or out? I've seen places in that price point outside the city limits on a bit of land (only thing I ever looked for)a couple years ago. Shortage at allprice points recently. Throw your net a little wider and factor in an extra $1000 gas every year. Or buy a lot and build if you have the patience.
Carnwellag2
You can get a nice lot for that.
justalocal
Edelweiss Gartens....you can save yourself about $50,000+.
agswife
Castlegate, Castle Rock, Pebble Creek
jenna1008
I doubt the neighbors would appreciate a tent on the lot...
jodiw
Most square feet for that price: Shenandoah, Reatta Meadows
Nicer homes: Woodland Hills, Spring Meadows, Castlegate I
Newer but less square feet: Castle Rock, Castlegate II

It truly depends on size, area and style that you are searching for.

inventory is very low this year so having a good Realtor who watches the market consistently and has a team of agents that share listings in advance will help!

Full disclosure: I am a Realtor
originaltexan
Inventory is low across TX. Houses that need updates are selling in a few days at full contract price.

DRILL BABY DRILL

Sadly, it is a seller's market right now, and buyer's are going to pay a premium for anything nice.
spursfan80
What type of house are you looking for?

I had my house listed until about a month ago for around 250. We decided to take if off the market for a while (with two young kids its a pain to keep it show ready all the time) but would still sell it. We were under contract a few times but buyers backed out multiple times for family reasons. We had two inspections and there were no major issues with either one, and all minor problems were fixed.

Its a two story 4 BR, 3 bath, also has a bonus/game room, 2500 SF house in south CS. If your interested shoot me an email (yegua22 at gmail . com) and Ill give you some more information.
Oogway
There's also Great Oaks; it is a development going in on the West side not too far from campus. Don't know what Phase they are in, though. As stated above, it is a seller's market. When we moved here, it was a seller's market as well. We ended up going for a smaller house than our price point and invested the rest. It was worth it, and we love where we live...that choice isn't for everybody, but it sure has for us.
AgCPA
AG
Honestly if you can spend that much, any place in that range in CS will be fine. Just pick something you like.
Jayjay4268
AG
The new Shenandoah phase will be started soon. I know the streets are already being put in. You can sign up for a lot through Ed froehlings office. First come first served.
Havegood
AG
Stone Forest. Great Neighborhood.
dannyag07
AG
I just searched the MLS and found 91 properties in and around College Station. You looking for anything in particular? Any places in particular?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.