McDonalds price difference

2,834 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ksp
justalocal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Large French fry at the Rock Prairie location is $2.15 (tax included).
Large French fry at the Greens Prairie location is $2.37 (tax included).
Employee didn't know why.

What does TexAgs say?
FlyRod
Try Burger King, maybe?
justalocal
I just figured it would've been the same considering they are a mile or two apart - same zip code, tax base.
BCStalk
Individually owned now. Once it was corporate, now it's not. I would assume they can price it as they want.
gutmancometh
This would make for a good experiment...
understandingmom
Rock prairie has happy hour for mcafe drinks and greens prairie doesn't. I think it is buy one get one free 2~4, but it isn't advertised, You can ask for it. I think the reason is corporate as stated above.
techno-ag
AG
That's outrageous!
Rexter
Greens prairie is franchise.... Rock prairie is corporate. Another difference is RP serves lunch at 10:30. GP starts lunch at 11:00. My kid likes their nuggets occasionally, so I take him lunch at school. I am closer to GP but I have to drive to RP and then back to the school. I called the franchisee office and the woman that I talked to seemed to be understanding, but nothing ever changed. I explained to her that the location sits within 1.5 miles of 3 elementary schools and the later lunch drives business to the RP location.
rsa
AG
Not all that unusual. There are price differences between the Target stores in Bryan and College Station, and differences at the HEBs as well. I suspect if you dig into it, you'll find different prices at a host of businesses with locations scattered around the area.
justalocal
I have noticed price differences at the Targets and the RP / Boonville Krogers but I figured they served different areas so it was "buying power" marketing strategy. I really haven't noticed it elsewhere in town but I usually don't buy an item back to back like I did today.

I didnt even even realize one was corporate and one was franchise.
montegobay
There's a McDonald's at Greens Prairie? When did that open? I will assume you mean at Tower Point? I know, that seems picky of me, but so does quibbling over a few cents difference in a price at a fast food restaurant. Wow!!
CS78
I hope I never notice price differences in McD's menu. With that said, it's Greens Prairie. Not some Yuppie Tower Point BS.
eloc62
I get a large coffee every day from McDonalds on the way to work. TP is 1.69, RP is 1.49, SWPKWY 1.39. btw, the coffee at SWPKWY is the best.
Expert Analysis
AG
What are the prices for the classic favorite or whatever then call tem whataburger combos here locally? I stoped at a place in east Texas and it was like 9.99 each... I don't remember them being that much here.
justalocal
quote:
I know, that seems picky of me, but so does quibbling over a few cents difference in a price at a fast food restaurant. Wow!!

I guess I should feel shame for being curious about a price difference.
BurnetAg
Same thing with Sonic & Dairy Queen.
dachsie
This reminds me of when i was in college. I spent 2 summers (86-87) doing summer missions in the Grand Canyon and worked at McDonalds. It was priced way higher there than anything closer to home I guess because of location and the fact that delivery was not on the beaten path. Most people were shocked at the prices. Makes me wonder what they are charging now - probably $10 for a Big Mac.

Ah, memories.....
DisneyFan5
dachsie,

I think we were at the McDonalds in 1990, driving through on our way to California. We were very surprised at the cost at the time.
Kendall Rogers
AG
I have noticed a difference in gasoline prices at Exxon stations around town.
ksp
I quit reading at McDonalds lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.