No mail deivery

14,684 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by InMyOpinion
originaltexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
scared so I ain't saying nuthin
75AG
AG
Carters Cove is considered a rural route that includes Welborn. So our carrier delivers in Welborn and then travels across the county to deliver to us. She usually shows up around 7.
75AG
AG
Original, our neighborhood has complained and the service has worsened. Unfortunately, there are several elderly people on our cul-de-sac whose meds are mailed. When the USPS skips our area, or delivers well after dark, it becomes a safety and health issue for these folks. I don't give a crap about missing out on circulars, but dammit come on....
KL08AG
AG
Our mail delivery had been awful for the last week and a half ! When ever our regular carrier goes on vacation things are all messed up. Mail has not delivered until after 8pm, my mail has been delivered to a completely different address and brought to my door my someone two streets over, including a very important certified letter. I've received other peoples mail every day last week. It's terrible. I've called an d complained, and the only response is "your regular carrier will be back Thursday"...
Tagguy
AG
quote:
I've called and complained, and the only response is "your regular carrier will be back Thursday"...

What good does that do all the people who have terrible deliveries the rest of the time?
aggiepaintrain
AG
8:45pm last night...
Pissed me off they rang the doorbell... (kids going to sleep)

Post removed:
by user
Twix
AG
Monday night saw mail truck come by after 10:00 pm...we didn't get any mail delivered though, because we went out and checked and our mailbox was empty even though I could see the truck had been by our house already. Tuesday evening, my husband gets home from work around 5:00 and there's mail in the mailbox. I get home around 5:40 and see a mail truck that has just gone passed our house and we have more mail. WTF??! So sometime between 10pm and 5pm the next day, another truck came by. Before all this madness, we usually got mail between 5-6 pm.

I've seen multiple mail deliveries in the same day and at extremely random hours...What is going on?!!?
Tagguy
AG
quote:
Monday night saw mail truck come by after 10:00 pm...we didn't get any mail delivered though, because we went out and checked and our mailbox was empty even though I could see the truck had been by our house already. Tuesday evening, my husband gets home from work around 5:00 and there's mail in the mailbox. I get home around 5:40 and see a mail truck that has just gone passed our house and we have more mail. WTF??! So sometime between 10pm and 5pm the next day, another truck came by. Before all this madness, we usually got mail between 5-6 pm.

I've seen multiple mail deliveries in the same day and at extremely random hours...What is going on?!!?

SARATOGA
I think they've been having some trouble with the stage from Kansas City. Word is the Clementine gang has moved from the Oklahoma territory and has started robbing, carousing, and and kidnapping in the northern territories and the stages haven't been coming as regular as they used to. I was expectin a package from my Aunt Bess in San Francisco, she's come down with the vapors and a variety of other maladies. Cousin Jeb heard in Dallas that the Railroad has also been robbed 3 times of cash money and cattle near the River Red.

They should start arming the stage coach drivers with scatter-guns, and the Marshals and Texas Rangers should provide more protection I know - but it is just a sign of the times ahead in these lawless areas.....

oklaunion
I just talked to my mail delivery woman and remarked to her about the later and later delivery. She said Monday was especially late due to them being instructed to wait for package sorting which finished at 4pm! Sorting the late stuff from Houston is the delay, according to her. I could understand her frustration when she said " how do you think I like getting home at 10pm and having to pay the sitter to watch her kids that late." I don't think the blame is on the deliverer.
dalejr4me
I work at the Bryan Post Office and this really makes me sad. I wish I could fix everyone's problems but I cant I can only address the ones on my route and I hope I am doing a good job. A lot of the problems going on is that we now get all of the mail from Houston. We are dependent on them getting the mail to us on time so we can get it to the customers on time...which has not been happening very often lately. Everything went downhill when we lost the processing plant here. I know that this really seems like an excuse and an easy way out but it is a lot of what is going on. We get mail later but are still expected to be done at a certain time which clearly we are not and we get in trouble. It seems to make some people bitter and customer service goes down which is not a good thing for anyone. I would like to personally apologize to everyone on here who is having troubles I really wish I could make it better.
BlueMiles
AG
Dalejr, thanks for the info. I wish we still had processing here. I have a great carrier, but I can tell when he has his day off.
gopitt
And the US Postal Service is losing billions a year why?
I use ANYTHING but the US Postal Service.
Why mess with those morons?
Oogway
gopitt, you could have stopped after the first two sentences and we still would have understood your opinion on the matter.
InMyOpinion
I know several people that work for the post office and they too have told me that the delays have to do with the mail coming from Houston and not having the sorting facility on Bryan any longer.

I am glad I don't rely on the mail.

I check my mail about once a week and bought a pack of forever stamps in 2008 and have used 7 of them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.