No mail deivery

14,687 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by InMyOpinion
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the second week in a row, on a Friday, our street did not have mail delivery. Anyone else experience this? Who do I complain to? Does the local postmaster give a crap?
Birddog
AG
When or regular carrier got a new route we had about 4-5 random days w/o delivery while the new person transitioned in. Now things have seemed to be consistent. I thought about calling but really didn't know who to call.
OneGood2011Ag
AG
Unless it's a birthday card from my grandma or an A&M magazine, mail is just paper trash that I have to move from a box to a bin.
GunRangeGal
AG
Wherever your mail is, it's probably the same place that my bills, TWO certified copies of my car title, and a wedding invitation are. I despise the local post office. Filed multiple complaints and was told to stop harassing them.
justcallmeharry
S
Our mail got delivered yesterday - but at about 7 p.m. Our mailbox was left open. Nice, wet mail. No idea...

Harry...

College Station delivery.
Rockdoc
AG
Most of the time it's the individual carriers. We used to have a lady in south CS that would skip days, deliver to wrong address, drop mail in the gutter, look at it and just drive off. Complained several times and my neighbors also. Nothing was ever done. Now a few years later we have a new guy delivering and he's great. Never a problem.
AgProgrammer
AG
I can't figure out what the deal is with the CS post office. We're big Amazon Prime fans and have multiple packages delivered every week. Over the past couple of months, more and more of our orders have been shipping via USPS instead of UPS. The UPS driver was always "greatful" and would thank you for ordering. Our mail lady couldn't be more different.

On a recent occasion, our USPS lady asked me "are you going to keep getting packages like this all the time?". I'm sorry, are you unhappy that you had to get out of your mail truck and walk the 25 ft to my front door? With the current shape of USPS, I think I'd be happy with the increase in packages so my job might not be so in jeopardy.

We have also noticed that NONE of our Amazon Prime orders delivered via USPS are making it in two days. UPS, guaranteed. USPS...try 3-5 days even though it was a 2 day delivery. You can watch the tracking...it'll come into the CS post office on a Tuesday at 6AM, sit there until Wednesday when it goes "out on truck for delivery", then will actually show up on Thursday or Friday. When asked why it was "on the truck for delivery" for multiple days, we're just told that it wasn't actually on the truck.

Rant over. Same frustrations.
BlazeHarper
Could offer long winded stories and thoughts on the subject however I will give myself the gift of time and simply say USPS in CS blows.
rsa
AG
Ditto what Blaze said. It is only getting worse.
Sentinel
AG
Maybe you just didn't get any mail.
NativeTxn
Pretty much the same experiences as AgProgrammer. When our regular USPS carrier delivers packages, she essentially does what we call Ninja Knocking and then leaves, sometimes leaving the package behind and sometimes not. Most of the time it's one tap on the door and then it's a game of whether or not we can catch her before she drives off.

FedEx had been annoying lately, as well. UPS is always on the ball!
justalocal
AgProgrammer....are they coming USPS when you select 2-day shipping? Just curious. All my 2-day is still coming via UPS but when I select no rush, they come the UPS - USPS route unless it is a larger item (like a car seat).
txyaloo
AG
Amazon is starting to send a lot of Prime stuff USPS.

I placed an order Thursday using Prime 2 day. One item was delivered by Fedex on Friday. The other two came USPS today.

I really wish they'd quit using USPS for Prime, but that isn't going to happen. When USPS misses, if you complain, Amazon will refund part of your Prime membership costs.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
Wherever your mail is, it's probably the same place that my bills, TWO certified copies of my car title, and a wedding invitation are. I despise the local post office. Filed multiple complaints and was told to stop harassing them.

twinsies
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
Amazon is starting to send a lot of Prime stuff USPS.
Ditto, if UPS handles it, I receive it at work between 12:30-1pm like clockwork. If it gets handed off to USPS it will show up a day late or not at all.
nhamp07
AG
let amazon know and they give you money back. sooner or later they will go back to UPS if people keep getting refunds.
Pyewacket
AG
Can't remember where I saw it but Amazon and USPS worked out a deal to extend prime shipping into Sat. and Sun. Amazon pays the postal service to deliver packages on days Fed Ex and UPS are closed.
FlyRod
Have had what I guess must be unusually stellar luck with USPS...only minor glitch was when a new carrier took over our route, and there were 1-2 days of missed mail. Other than that, all dealings with USPS, such as having stuff sent and delivered on time, mail held, etc. have gone as they should have.
75AG
AG
One day miss, I'll chalk it up to personnel issues. Two consecutive Friday misses is unacceptable.
NashMan
I finally gave up on our moron delivery guy and just bought a PO Box. It's ridiculous I must pay around $50 a year to get my mail, but I gave up after numerous complaints....
txyaloo
AG
quote:
Can't remember where I saw it but Amazon and USPS worked out a deal to extend prime shipping into Sat. and Sun. Amazon pays the postal service to deliver packages on days Fed Ex and UPS are closed.

Fedex home delivery works on Saturday. Amazon uses it a lot. The problem with them is they take off Monday.

I think the Sunday USPS deal is only in some areas.
75AG
AG
quote:
quote:

Fedex home delivery works on Saturday. Amazon uses it a lot. The problem with them is they take off Monday.

FedEx takes off on Monday? Huh?
Crusader
I mailed a certified letter to the Internal Revenue Service (of all places!) and it took 23 days to get from here to Austin. When I complained to the USPS, I got the perfunctory form letter telling me how great they are but they occasionally make mistakes. Remember, folks, these people are government employees who are unionized. You can't touch 'em. And the USPS doesn't care what you think!
rcannaday
AG
This has happened to me twice. Send a letter or document USPS via two day... takes 5-6 the same as regular mail. From now on, unless its a Christmas card or something that I don't care about. Its going UPS or FedEx. Explains why USPS is slowly dying financially.
txyaloo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

FedEx takes off on Monday? Huh?

I don't believe I ever said Fedex takes off Mondays... I said Fedex home delivery does... They're two different services/companies.

"Tuesday-Saturday. Delivery is between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m."

http://www.fedex.com/us/fedex/shippingservices/package/services.html
75AG
AG
I guess I don't understand because I get FedEx delivery to my house every Monday.
C XX I
Mailed something Friday morning, to Conroe, in a priority package with a verified address connected to a USPS account.

Friday afternoon it was in Houston, at the sorting facility, headed out to Conroe.

Saturday morning it was back in College Station.

I called in and whomever handles the phones on Saturday said they couldn't find the package at all.
waltonag05
AG
FedEx home delivery is different than FedEx ground and FedEx express. So you are getting packages via FedEx ground on Monday.
Tagguy
AG
Sounds like College Station USPS must be taking lessons from Bryan USPS. Things like this have been going on for YEARS in Bryan.

I can't tell you how many packages over the years I tracked all the way to Bryan only to have them never show up. I've also been delivered mail several times that was sent from in state 2-3 months earlier. I could always count on mail showing up much later than expected. I regularly had letters and envelopes with black marks that almost looked like they had been run over.

Man I don't miss that.
Scooley01
AG
We used to deal with the same thing in CS. We moved a little further south recently, so we're presumably on a different carrier's route, and we've had no problems (so far).
dachsie
A few weeks ago about 6:30 I was pulling in to my drive and the maillady was just delievering. I asked her about it and she said they changed the routes. So I checked my mail about 6:30 the other nite and nothing. The next nite - it looked like I had two days of mail in the box so it must have been delivered really late.

Another option for complaints is to contact your congressman but you usually get a pat answer from them
ksp
Above is right, the USPS is dying a slow death.

Outdated service, employees don't care. Failing Health care plan for retirees (can not be sustained, cost wise)

Wednesday is a bunch of crappy flyers, Saturday is not much better.

They just need to go to a 4 day work week, redo the health care for life deal, as it will not work.

Or just let it go under. I rarely receive anything in the mail that I actually use or need.

Just like writing checks, newspapers etc, it old and outdated
sangria
AG
quote:
I mailed a certified letter to the Internal Revenue Service (of all places!) and it took 23 days to get from here to Austin. When I complained to the USPS, I got the perfunctory form letter telling me how great they are but they occasionally make mistakes. Remember, folks, these people are government employees who are unionized. You can't touch 'em. And the USPS doesn't care what you think!

Oh wowsers! I thought I had a bad delivery experience when I mailed a package from the Bryan PO to Dallas via priority mail. Mailed on a Wednesday, expected delivery on Friday. Checked the tracking on Monday, the package was in Bethpage, NY. The package finally got delivered on Thursday, seven days late. Called to complain and was told to take my receipt and proof that the delivery was delayed to the Bryan PO for a refund. SMH.

On another note, I recently noticed the USPS mail truck delivering packages in our neighborhood on Sundays. I had to do a double-take the first Sunday that I noticed this.
LuvMarley
We r in Waco & have same issues with USPS. Last yr sent $120 return back to nomorerack with tracking & sign at delivery. Tracking showed several days later, out for delivery. Probably still says that. Called PO, they said to call the PO in LA. I had to call! Took several tries before got anyone & they did not care. Said that address gets tons of returns and don't always get signature. Never got refund. Stopped using nomorerack too. Other similar issues with USPS too. Don't use for anything of value. Take it to Fedex.
rhoswen
AG
Never buy anything from nomorerack. Horrible, horrible, and the merchandise is crappy to boot.

/derail
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.