Interesting honey fact….

1,473 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ksp
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I was dubious about taking honey for allergies until i tried it. and had access to massive quantities now i take 2 tables spoons a night and i don't have to toss and turn to unclog my sinuses every night..

however apparently my honey is spring honey, and there si a plant that blooms in the fall that I'm allergic to and my honey doesnt have any pollen or nectar of this plant...

so i'm back to normal..

so no matter how much i take, it won't unclog my allergies and unless we get another fall honey crop (probably not) i have to wait till the plants die off...
ksp
You have any honey left?

That quart is almost gone.
Smokin Chisel
AG
It's probably mountain cedar that starts blooming this time of year and the cold fronts blow it in. I suffer from the same allergies this time of year
BlueMiles
AG
You might be allergic to ragweed. It's in season now. I'm getting allergy shots and they help a lot, but I can't turn down local honey, either.

Edit: or cedar, as posted above. Ragweed gets me, but I know cedar gets a lot of folks, too.
studioone
i have 5-10 gallons left..

i'll be out at avalon from 9am-11:30 if ur out that way got a meeting out there and i have 12 quarts coming with me...

but call me 229-7311 to tell me ur coming.
Swarely
Wish I had seen this earlier.

When are you free to meet up next time?
ksp
sorry, just saw this. Super busy weekend.

Will you be out there wedsnesday after noon after 5?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.