Wellborn water district users - a question

1,304 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LuvMarley
woozy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are Wellborn Utility District (the "Special" one, evidently) customers, and for the last week we have seen very low water pressures at various times of the day and night. Is it just us, or are there anyone else out there trhat is experiencing this? Yes, I have called them, but no one seems to really know exactly what is causing this.

T.I.A.
Tailgate88
AG
We've lived in Wellborn Water country for fifteen years and the water pressure goes up and down all the time. I think we've probably just stopped noticing it, except when it is completely off. When it's completely off or very low, it's not uncommon to see a couple backhoes out on Greens Prairie Rd. with a half dozen shovel leaners staring at a hole in the ground. And then sometimes the water will be muddy for a few hours after they get the leak fixed.

It just goes along with "living in the country", although we're an awful lot closer to the city now than we were 15 years ago...
SARATOGA
Haven't noticed any low pressure the past couple of days, but we are at the end of the line, and far below the tower.
befitter
20 years on Wellborn Water at 2 different locations. I have noticed this issue more often the past few months. Usually in the morning.
LuvMarley
Contact TCEQ which handles water requirements. There are minimum pressures required. If pressure falls below those levels or if no pressure, then a Boil Order is required. Have fought the same issues in 2 cities in Texas. TCEQ will help & general public never notifies them. Give it a try. TCEQ = Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.