Looking for carpet cleaner that does not recycle water

1,251 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by NativeTxn
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have some allergic sensitivities in our home and are looking for an appropriate carpet cleaning company. I was told that some companies bring in their own water that has been filtered for reuse, and if so, we'd like to avoid this kind. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!
momlaw
AG
Chem Dry does not steam or use water. I have been a satisfied customer of their method for 25 years, here, in Katy and in California.

(979) 776-9833
ClassicArnold
I've never heard of carpet cleaners recycling water. They usually hook up to an outside hose bib and the water runs through the machine to heat up. If you're having allergy issues, there may be other problems inside the house. Indoor pets? Not changing the AC filter often enough? Wearing shoes inside?
I can't help but give my opinion against ChemDry or any company that sprays foam on the carpet. They are not removing all of it and therefore leaving chemical residue behind. I've posted this before and will do again. The best (3) companies I know in B/CS that do thorough work are:
Boller's Carpet Cleaning
Allstar Carpet Cleaning
Advanced Hard Surface Cleaning

Those companies (or any company actually) can not completely remove ALL allergy causing substances because there are too many other factors outside the carpet cleaners control. Pets on the furniture, in the bed, AC filter issues, nature, etc..

Over the years and reading your bikers on Arrington posts, I think I know about where you live. Nantucket or Indian Lakes. You've probably had your carpet cleaned before. If they're doing a good job, stick w/them. My niece (off Holleman) keeps switching to the next cheapest company and gripes every time.
Hope this helps. One of my buddies works for one of those (3) I listed and I know he's good. Just isn't cheap and doesn't show up looking like an auto mechanic.
betas2000
AG
Boller's Carpet Cleaning !!!
halibut sinclair
Mark Boller does a fantastic job.
NativeTxn
+1 for Chem Dry.

In addition to what Momlaw said, your carpet will be dry in under two hours, which greatly reduces the opportunity for mold/mildew to get started. Other places leave carpet and padding pretty wet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.