Northpointe Crossing

12,701 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by marrocco
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ouch! Fuego is part of a balanced diet, IMO. One in each hand keeps my balance steady...

Northpoint isn't all that different from the other structures near Campus, I guess the days of employing masons to add aesthetic details like carving etc are over. Gargoyles. I miss the gargoyles. Since it is one of the gateway buildings to campus, you can't have a gatekeeper without gargoyles. ....

Anyway, I don't mind the fire station being somewhat fancy--after all, firefighters spend 2/3 of their shift on site, and I would rather they had a calm, nice place to 'live' before they respond to emergencies. If we had a volunteer service where they had to drive in from their home, then I could see a simple structure used to house trucks. Somehow, the former works for larger cities. I have t admit, the south side stations have an architecture I prefer, but that's just me.
PS3D
quote:
Back when it first opened, the owner of Fuego expressed interest in buying the corner lot and putting a double drive-thru there. Seems like it would be hard going back and forth between buildings with the street there though.

Maybe they could've built tubes that tacos will shoot through pneumaticly, like in banks.
techno-ag
AG
quote:

Northpoint isn't all that different from the other structures near Campus, I guess the days of employing masons to add aesthetic details like carving etc are over. Gargoyles. I miss the gargoyles. Since it is one of the gateway buildings to campus, you can't have a gatekeeper without gargoyles. ....

Are you the gatekeeper?

carpe vinum
AG
quote:
Jealous much? I think it looks great. Rode my bike through there on numerous occasions. The U-Haul needs to go, but Northpoint looks pretty cool! Excited about it. The real horror is Tarrow/Spring Loop area...it reeks of human waste and is the real embarrassment if anything. This isn't a one time deal. You couldn't pay me to live over there. I ran through there on my ten mile run the other day and was disgusted and floored by the horrendous odor. How can anyone enjoy the outside air that lives over there? Time for College Station to put our tax dollars to good use and engineer a waste management facility that will take us into the 22nd Century.
Orrr you could move.
EVA3
AG
To really appreciate the architecture you have to see the entire intersection from above. I only know this because I like to go out on my balcony and smoke.
Kate Beckett
AG
Shirtless?
Oogway
quote:
To really appreciate the architecture you have to see the entire intersection from above. I only know this because I like to go out on my balcony and smoke.

'But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?' (Oh! It's just the glare from the U-Haul place across the street)

'Who is already sick and pale with grief' (Well, I took my shirt off so I can get some sun, but I really gotta stop smoking.)

Techno--Great image. Watch out for the Stay Puft man.

FlyRod
Whatever the aesthetic flaws here, it looks squadpillion times better than that derelict hulk that was there before or the pile of rubble that slack- jawed yokels got up early to watch get created.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Northpointe looks fine. Much better than the Plazae, or even when it was Universitye Towere. And, hey, at least Adulte Videoe isn't just a few yards away anymore.
techno-ag
AG
Fonzie Scheme
WildlifeAg02
Arrr- the smell at Poop Loop- that be the waste water of Bryan yer smellin', matey, not College Station's.

(Somewhat in honor of National talk like a pirate day.)
Picadillo
Build more fancy fire stations and rent them out as housing. Take the "e" off and call them "fir stations".
DontBeTriggered
Wow!? That's Bryan poo? It is digusting. I don't know how anyone lives over there. I guess if you don't like to do outside activities it would be fine. They need to engineer something to fix that. Should be on TAMU's agenda to help the community survive. hahaha
FlyRod
http://www.yelp.com/biz/northpoint-crossing-college-station

Y'all can continue to besmirch Northpointe all ye want, but His Royal Majesty has declared it a 5 star dwelling, clearly fit for royalty such as himself. EOT.
marrocco
Did he sit shirtless on a balcony puffing on an e-cigarette as part of his review process?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.