Northpointe Crossing

12,715 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by marrocco
gopitt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Am I the only one disappointed in how this development looks? Ugly box housing at the premier spot in Aggieland (Texas & University). People living there but no retail in sight. If I was a retailer I wouldn't want to be in that ugly ass complex anyway. I thought anything would be an improvement over that high rise dorm/hotel/whatever. It appears I was wrong.
Who was the architect on this mess?
95_Aggie
AG
Yeah, so much uglier than the u-haul and service station across the street.
gopitt
I agree. The whole corner is a mess. THE major intersection in CS with a U-Haul on one corner, gas station on the other, and (ugh) Northpointe on the other. What a wonderful view for our SEC visitors.
carpe vinum
AG
Only fitting that the uhaul place be there. The two happiest days in aggieland is the day they move in for the parents and the day they move out for the townies.
FlyRod
New businesses and more jobs thanks to Northpoint Crossing. Good stuff. And hordes of students to annoy the townie olds at Cafe Eccell nearby!
rhoswen
AG
I think it looks cool. But it also seems like it'd be a pain in the ass to get in and out of, which may be why there's no retail there yet.
FlyRod
Has it been "reviewed" on Yelp yet?
SoTheySay
S
I drive through there often. I like people watching. My favorite is the d-bag who smokes on his balcony.
PS3D
Northpoint Crossing kinda looks cool from the right angles. It's certainly better than the Rise at Northgate.

The access and parking for the would-be retail is terrible, though, and I expect that unless something is done, the two tenants they've got lined up will be out in a year.
redd38
AG
quote:
I drive through there often. I like people watching. My favorite is the d-bag who smokes on his balcony.

The guy that sits up there with no shirt on? I laugh at him every time I see him.

I think the complex looks fine, the sign for it sucks though.
ro828
But shame on them for adding that extra E to the name. Should it be pronounced northpointy? It could have been worse: they could have named it Ye Olde Northpointe.
rhoswen
AG
Why is the guy a d-bag?
PS3D
quote:
But shame on them for adding that extra E to the name. Should it be pronounced northpointy? It could have been worse: they could have named it Ye Olde Northpointe.

Except they actually didn't. Have you actually seen the building in person? No E.
FlyRod
quote:
Why is the guy a d-bag?

Was kind of thinking the same thing.
4Runnergurl
a major haha reading this. y'all are hilarious and now i am going to look for the d-bag next time i drive by there.
Kate Beckett
AG
I work right across the street from Northpoint (in the BoA building) and haven't seen the shirtless, smoking d-bag. I shall look today when I leave.
redd38
AG
He must read texags... he's wearing a shirt today.
Kate Beckett
AG
What color?
techno-ag
AG
Smokers.

He's making a bad impression to all visitors to Aggieland. First thing they do when they get here is look up, and there on a balcony is a guy with no shirt smoking like a chimney.

A petition should be circulated (preferably by people who actually live in the city limits) to pass a city law banning shirtless smoking from balconies.

redd38
AG
quote:
What color?

Red I think.
BlazeHarper
That crossroad lost any semblance of sophistication and class once Adult Video closed shop.
95_Aggie
AG
I like the Mexican flag hanging over the balcony (not that there is anything particularly wrong with that). I am surprised they don't have rules for the outfacing balconies.
carpe vinum
AG
New CS ordinance in 3... 2... 1. No out door smoking and no expressions of personal interests will be visible from balconies of high traffic intersections.
techno-ag
AG
Exactly, CV.
marrocco
Is there a review about him on Yelp yet?
Kate Beckett
AG
quote:
Is there a review about him on Yelp yet?

Give GregD time.
95_Aggie
AG
Confirmed at lunch: There is no "e" at the end of the name.
4Runnergurl
i also noticed the no "e" earlier lol
gopitt
Wow, this topic got derailed early. Some shirtless guy that smokes seems to have taken over. I still think the architecture leaves a lot to be desired, especially the retail part.
FlyRod
I'm with PS3D. Compared to The Rise, which looks like zombie architects from the old Soviet Union designed it, Northpoint Crossing looks...well, acceptable. As much as we all enjoy saying "too far from the bypass," though, I suspect "too close to the intersection" will be mentioned just as much before long.
TEXAS A and M
I you look closely, the shirtless no shirted dbag is actually puffing on an e cigarette. THIS is what got Nancy and Blanche in such a tissy to get those things banned within city limits.
techno-ag
AG
^ Seriously? Hilarious if true.
ButtonB
The sign at the top of the building needs some serious top-margin.
Carnwellag2
I think the building looks good. Clean and new. I'll take it
AggieBarstool
Honestly, there's better stuff to worry about.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.