Buying a house. Need painter, electrican, handyman, etc!

3,396 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Hanrahan
GunRangeGal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm buying a house now that I'm confident its not going to fall off its foundation (yay College Station soil!), I need to start lining up some quotes on getting repairs done.

I'm going to need the entire interior painted + trim, and sheetrock work done.

I'll need some electrical work done (wiring to prepare for new light fixtures, new ceiling fans, possibly moving cable wires, etc).

The painting is a big job that will probably require scaffolding or ladders since the ceilings are two stories high.

I have a few painters in mind, but I'm taking recommendations based on personal experience. I'm sure there will be tons of opportunities for me to need a good handyman as well since the best I can do is change a light-bulb without burning a structure down.

Any help would be great!
agswife
Don't know about painters, but Elite Electric is top notch!
Jetty
AG
Guaranteed painting did an awesome job at our house. I highly recmmend them. They are very carfeful, do great work and work cleanly.
jodiw
Your real estate agent should have some good recommendations - and maybe they'll even help you to get a better quote.
anna3
AG
Robert Hensarling Electric is the best around! Cheapest hourly rate and a great guy! Came out and fixed our problem completely - no problems since. His number is (979) 690-0476, tell him Anna sent you his way!
nonag97
I can recommend Buddy Cangelose, 820-1175, for painting. He does an excellent job! He's not the cheapest, but he's the best. Pretty sure he'll have all necessary tools and equipment for whatever size job you have.
Law361
AG
I would talk to Mark at Weber Custom Homes. He might be able to make your life a lot easier, and you wouldn't have to worry about dealing with 10 different companies. He did some work for me and was very professional and reasonably priced. Check out his website:

http://www.webercustomhomes.com/
originaltexan
get recommendations from elite electric
medic1969p
Call T at Glory Enterprises. Great prices & great work. 979-218-2335
golf05
I have a friend, Ruben Rodriguez that does all types of flooring installation. He and his family just moved to town, but he does very good work. If you need any flooring done, give him a shot. You will not be disappointed with the quality of his work. His number is 979-402-6579
Post removed:
by user
gmommy2
Joel Gonzalez 979-218-9404
He does excellent work and very reasonable.
RockofAges
Elite Electric
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
Try Tracy Grandt, the original handyman. Not sure of his phone number, but if you google it, his website will come up. He does minor repairs and painting as well.
milner79
Will try Grandt. Any other recommendations on an all-around handyman who could be called on in a pinch to help with a rental property in Bryan? Thanks.
medic1969p
Call T Ritchey with Glory Enterprises for painting and drywall. He'll give you a free estimate. Good honest hardworking...979-218-2335
Hanrahan
AG
I highly recommend Jason Palasota for general handyman work.

I've used him for a long time on my rentals in college station. From mundane fixes to full blown reconstruction due to storm damage, Jason does a great job and is very fair. Give him a call. (979) 255-3221
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.