Need an antique dealer that specializes in figurines

1,621 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by quirkyaggie
quirkyaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know of anyone either local or somewhere else in the state that is good? Specifically I have figurines from Occupied Japan that I'm trying to price.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give me.
dgonzo99
The Attic in Downtown Bryan. There is a charge for it.
originaltexan
Not to rain on anyone's parade, or be a downer, but typically the human porcelain figures from occupied Japan usually hold high sentimental value. Market value is typically very low.

As I mentioned, I am just sharing my professional opinion.

Thanks
techno-ag
AG
Have you tried finding your item on eBay? Looked through a Kovel's book?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Occupied-Japan-/165491/i.html
http://www.kovels.com/price-guide/occupied-japan.html

Best of luck.
Prune Tracy
quote:
Have you tried finding your item on eBay? Looked through a Kovel's book?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Occupied-Japan-/165491/i.html
http://www.kovels.com/price-guide/occupied-japan.html

Best of luck.
originaltexan
Porcelain from Japan would be an item most likely to be donated to a resale shop.

Other items on the to donate:

Most Franklin and Danbury Mint stuff
Precious Moments
Baseball cards from 1980 to today
Dept 56
Clothing
Toys
ehollandbee
Baseball cards from 1980 to today as a donation!? Considering that a 1982 TOPPS Tony Gwynn Rookie, 1982 Topps & '82 Donruss Cal Ripken Jr. Rookie, 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. and a potential Derek Jeter Rookie is what you would be, potentially, donating; you would be throwing away a small fortune. Foolish, in my opinion.

Furthermore, there is some real value in "Occupied Japan" porcelain figurines(far more than Dept 56). But of course it all depends on the marking. No where near what a Lladro would be, obviously, but finding a buyer or for that matter, value shouldn't be hard.

ehollandbee
Sooo, quirkyaggie, please feel free to email me with any questions you might have: ehollandbee@gmail.com

I would love to help!
Look Out Below
AG
quote:
Baseball cards from 1980 to today as a donation!? Considering that a 1982 TOPPS Tony Gwynn Rookie, 1982 Topps & '82 Donruss Cal Ripken Jr. Rookie, 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. and a potential Derek Jeter Rookie is what you would be, potentially, donating; you would be throwing away a small fortune. Foolish, in my opinion.

This depends on their condition. If you might have good ones that are in mint condition (like they just came out of the package), I'd suggest holding on to them and having them graded.
originaltexan
There will always be exceptions to everything. For the most part, 99.9% of baseball cards from 1980 to present are worthless. There are Wall Street Journal articles on this. I've seen cases of sealed baseball cards sell for $10.00. The hardest part of giving free advice is that some owners have banked on having truly prize possessions. Yes, the rookie cards and the other .01% of the cards can be worth something.

Link on Baseball Cards from Motley Fool

Sure, if physical space is not a problem, keep everything you can. Everything has the potential to increase in value one day. Real life, people move and move on. Things are donated, trashed, or sold.
quirkyaggie
AG
Thank you ehollandbee,

I'll be sending you an email with some pictures as soon as I take them. Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.