ceiling fan repair/ replacement?

1,280 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by eloc62
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
we have a large ceiling fan with lights in our master bedroom. went in there the other night and pulled the chain to turn the speed down for our grand daughter, and the thing completely quit working. don't know if it can be fixed, or needs to be replaced. any recommendations on who could fix this or replace it?
SA-AG72
AG
You can replace the fan for what an electrician would charge you to check it out. This a great DIY project with good go byes on Youtube. Good luck.

PS. The switch may be bad and that is an easy DIY replacement project.
EliteElectric
Try pulling the chain again with short quick pulls, sometimes the mechanism inside the fan gets stuck, especially in older fans. Turn the wall switches off and try this, worth a shot and may save you some money.
medic1969p
Call T Ritchey at Glory Enterprises. He does things like this for property managers all the time. 979-218-2335
eloc62
thanks. i think it is only the switch. i have an employee, yeah, i know, the whole " I know a guy" thing who says he knows ceiling fans inside and out. if he cant fix it i will be calling you EliteElectric.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.