Sam's Club

6,879 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tagguy
213 Grove
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I used to work there a few years ago and right as I quit you could tell that it was about to start going down hill.

Also when I was there yes there was walk out service but you had to ask about it at the register or the door exit.

Also fun fact.

You do not have to have a membership to buy alcohol from Sam's Club. And they normally have the cheapest prices in town
ksp
I shop there two - three times a month. Never an issue.

I always use self check out, even if I have more than 10 items. Never an issue.

I only get paper goods, fresh fruit, nuts and other knick knack items.

If you go through a normal line, during peak hours, yes you will have an issue.

Get the upgraded membership, go at 8am, you will not have much competition.

First world issues here !!!!!!
rhoswen
AG
quote:

You do not have to have a membership to buy alcohol from Sam's Club. And they normally have the cheapest prices in town

$28-30 cases of guinness. Oh yeeeeeeah.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
24 pack of the "Coca Cola de Mexico" for only $18.88.

Can't beat that.
crooner7
I understand the service sucks there, but I have a better question....what big store have you been to lately, where it doesn't suck? Sam's is easy for us, now, with self-checkout, and we just have a few items we get there. Worth the membership for what we get. And, occasionally, we pick up a great buy, like an office chair recently, and just got a speaker stand for our LR TV, about 20 bucks cheaper than anywhere else I could find. We eat a lot of almonds etc., since we are paleo people and nobody can touch their prices on that, I don't think. HEB has friendly people, but the nicer store is too far from us and whoever laid out the "old school" stores should be horse-whipped for sadism. I have crowd issues and HEB definitely tickles my claustrophobic issues. Anyway, it is very simple....Sam's obviously fits for a lot of people and you have to, sometimes, laugh at the fact they make you pay to shop there and make you like it. lol
originaltexan
retail is retail is retail

Hard work.

Little pay.

Unruly customers about 50% of the time.

Can't stop shoplifters.

Have to work Christmas Eve.

Have to wear a uniform most of the time.

Always tell the customer that the .com site is really not part of the retail store.
ksp
Sams is a great paleo store, Get large bags of nuts and fruit there all the time.

Almonds, pecans, pistachios etc,, nobody can beat their prices.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
paleo

Stopped reading right there
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.