Sam's Club

6,879 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tagguy
Proud Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I shop sams twice a week but from last 2 weeks i noticed there customer service is getting worst. AC temperature really need to lower down and need more people to help carry out. Anyone else notice any changes?
fcag
AG
SAMs has carry out help? Can't say I've ever seen that there.
The Anchor
AG
Did you talk to management?
Aggie
AG
SAMs sucks.
It's a Walmart company so as expected they never have enough lines open.
And to make things worse you have to wait in a line to checkout then an even longer line to get out the door.
The people checking the receipts take forever and then carry on a conversation while a line of people wait to exit the building.
Unlike Walmart there are no shortage of employees at SAMs.. Just a shortage of productive employees.
I guess it's the managers that huddle by the little podium near the exit.. The building could be on fire before any of them do any work.
I sat there one time and there were only 2 lines open and each 10+ deep and 5 employees just sitting around that podium looking around doing nothing.
I try and avoid SAMs at all cost.. Unfortunately I have to go there sometimes because no other options for wholesale locally.
But I hate going in there
Proud Aggie
I did talked to one of the manager and guess what she said corporate told them to keep AC on 76 degree and only 3 registers open.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
actually had a bad customer service moment at Sams tonight as well. wont get into specifics but it wreaked of laziness and poor attitude.
Max06
AG
I shopped there Monday morning and had no issues, but I used the self-checkout. I keep my house at 78, the store temperature was fine for me.
BlazeHarper
I gave up my SAMS membership over the continual running of two registers with absolutely no consideration given to opening up more once they see a line 10-15 deep. I talked to the manager about it and said they should run checkouts like they do at Costco. The manager replied "we like to think were better than Costco" to which I simply said "you have never been in a Costco have you ?"
rsa
AG
The last time I was at Sam's, there were no shopping carts in the entry area. Apparently the new guys didn't know how to use the cart machine to gather and move carts to the front. No one at Sam's had enough gumption to gather carts and move them by hand. A few of us asked the manager at the front, and her general response was that someone would get to the carts soon. She then turned and wandered off. Laziness.
Swarely
I've never had a problem there.
Outlaw0206
AG
Shop twice a week at SAMs! Good lord, who are you feeding!?
Fleen
The Sunday before school I went to pick up pictures I submitted online, one set Saturday and one sent Sunday morning. When we got there, the Photo Lab was empty and we were told that there was nobody scheduled to work that whole area of the store. One employee came over to help, the photo printer was not turned on and he asked a 'supervisor' for help. Supervisor said he "had no idea how to work it and nobody was scheduled there anyway." Well, original employee got on the phone, asked multiple people for assistance, tracked down the cell phone number of the usual photo person, stayed on the phone as she walked through the set up of the printer, the configuration of the photo job queue, pricing and sale instruction, etc. All told he spent a good 45 min. to an hour rectifying the situation as I told him I needed the pictures for my classroom the first day of school. His actions were a refreshing dose of someone taking pride and responsibility in their job and customer satisfaction. Kudos to Corbin and we sent a message to the Sam's manager.

Anywho, just an alternate experience to temper the frustrations...
Carnwellag2
If you shop at Sams twice a week - you are doing it wrong.
txxwildcard
Simple Solution, DON'T shop at Sam's!!!!! I doubt they will miss you or the gang
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I've never had the sorts of issues you people have. I almost always use self checkout.

quote:
All told he spent a good 45 min. to an hour rectifying the situation

Seriously, at what point do you cut your losses and go to Walgreens?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I've never had a problem there. Still wish we had a costco. But no one is forcing you to shop there. If you talked to the manager, and they are unable to satisfactorily resolve your situation, then take your business elsewhere. Not hard.
aggiewrench
I have a Sam's club membership. It has become worse in latter years

I used to be able to get a response from the management there, if there was a poor experience. The last couple of times, nothing (no response)

I think they are getting overwhelmed and may have more or less given up on email.

Seems like everytime I get hit-up by directtv, and another vendor (the deals they have are no longer good, or all that exclusive, you could get the same thing calling in) This has to be a profit center for them, and no longer a client service(I couldn't see them letting these people in otherwise)

There are very little or no "one time buy" great items like Costco (selection has just become awful)

I have written in multiple time about the lines at the registers, the food kiosk, and going out the door.

Tires are always a nightmare. I make an appointment and go to Discount Tire now as it was just too much agravation. They don't even have the capability of TPMS repair or rebuild (time to get into this decade) The pricing is really not that much different (sometimes discount wins and in some cases they are happy to match).

I wish the purchasing agentswould wake up and start looking at sites like slick deals, so they could havean idea of what a "deal" reallyis. Their TV's and electonics are always 20% high. and unlike walmart, they won't price match (if I am paying an annual fee, they should be beating that, to a point where I shouldn't even have to ask)
techno-ag
AG
Filled up there the other day at $3.06/ gallon.

I like their steaks, too.
Stucco
I'm going there less and less these days. My membership will probably expire this year.

The checkout lines are always long. It isn't poor prediction, it is just understaffing.
The exit line is just plain stupid. I already paid...I've already been there too long...get out of the way.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
Filled up there the other day at $3.06/ gallon.

I like their steaks, too.

The meat there is incredibly overpriced.
techno-ag
AG
quote:

Their prime cuts are pretty high. Choice & select cuts offer good taste for the money though. I've grilled quite a few.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
quote:

Their prime cuts are pretty high. Choice & select cuts offer good taste for the money though. I've grilled quite a few.

Have you shopped at HEB ever? I recently bought prime strip for $7 and choice sirloin for $3. You're never going to find prices that good at Sam's.

Sam's is only a deal on items sold in large quantities. That's the whole point.

If you're going to Sam's to find a good deal on a tv, you're doing it wrong.
Scooley01
AG
I had an issue a couple months back at the checkout with a gift card that wouldn't activate. The cashier called for a manager to come manually activate it, or to remove the item (cashier couldn't remove it for some reason without a manager). We waited 20+ minutes for a manager to come over to the register, with the cashier calling multiple times, and apologizing to me the whole time. Not a great experience...I can't imagine anything a retail manager could be doing that's important enough to make a customer wait 20 minutes.

And then I had to wait in the line at the door. Insult to injury.
Roy Hofheinz
Not a fan of Sams. I gave up on them in the late 90's.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Have you shopped at HEB ever? I recently bought prime strip for $7 and choice sirloin for $3.

Yup. HEB has some great sales. I'm an equal opportunity steak griller, bought from all over. You can catch a sale somewhere and get good deals at different places, but Sam's will always offer good value.
TEXAS A and M
I pay for my membership each year with savings on diapers and formula!
Tagguy
AG
quote:
If you shop at Sams twice a week - you are doing it wrong.

This
Fleen
Esteban, we had other shopping to do and the last 15 minutes I didn't mind waiting because I appreciated his effort...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I have yet to wait in a line since they put in those self-checkout machines.

Two minutes......done and done.
Rexter
How much of a discount did you get for doing their job for them?
DWren
Can't use cash in self checkout lines.

SAMs does have some lazy employees. They have more people walking around doing nothing than actually working.
Hey manager.. Just because you have a walkey Talkey does not mean you can't open a register and work it or help check tickets at the door. But no, you choose to stand there and do nothing.
Don't even get me started on their policy to check all receipts before leaving store. And yes as mentioned above they will sit there and carry on a conversation or draw a smiley face on receipt for a customer with a kid while there is a line 20+ deep waiting to get put of the store.. With the items that they already paid for and are already theirs.
Pointless.
Max06
AG
Little known fact: you can also check out (with cash, too!) at the jewelry counter. They'd probably frown upon a whole basket/cart of stuff, but I've carried an armful over there and never had an issue.
turfman80
AG
My membership expired a month ago and I'll probably not renew. The prices on the stuff I buy have gotten to the point where it doesn't justify the $45 annual fee.
Crusader
Yeah, Sams biggest problem is the lack of checkouts open. As for the employees, these are low-end jobs, so what do you expect? I suppose that's how they keep the prices down a bit. And I'm still miffed at any store that would charge customers an annual fee for the "privilege" of spending money in their store. All things considered, I have found Sams to be head and shoulders above Costco. If you could possibly make Sams any worse than it is, let them unionize like Costco. Heaven forbid!
The Anchor
AG
I save well over the membership price in just diapers. Mix in toilet paper, paper towels, and frozen chicken and likely save $200/year in just those goods. I have a lot of time off during the week so i rarely see long lines. Worth it to my family.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.