Eat off the floor @ Jason's Deli

2,078 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FlyRod
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks to the greatest food service people my wife & I know - from the outstanding manager and across the entire staff. Cleanliness on the outside is usually a good indicator of how the kitchen is kept. Dragging tons of chairs, booths, and tables out of the way every morning (that we have been there) to scrub the floor, and even breaking out a measuring tape to check the distance between tables hasn't gone unnoticed. Thanks for treating us so well when we come in and never skimping on the freshness of the food. I'm not sure why some other places that serve similar dishes don't catch on to how much this matters, unless of course we are in the minority, but doing so has kept us coming back for years. And no, as most of you know I don't work for them nor have any vested interest in giving them praise, other than our sincere appreciation for providing a "go to" place when we want fresh, clean dining and the management for running a very tight ship.

Thank you Jason's!

Scooley01
AG
Is this not standard procedure for cleaning the floor at all restaurants? I used to work at a semi-local fast-food chain in B/CS and this is how we cleaned the floor all the time.
carpe vinum
AG
Most do it at night rather than during the day when customers are around.
mhnatt
Sorry, my ignorance shows. To give them complete credit,we often show up for breakfast before they open (kind of them to let us order) and they have things well in order before "normal" customers arrive. I'm not sure if all restaurants clean as thorough as they do- my gut tells me 'no' (pun alsointended).
spike427
AG
There is definitely another deli-type place in town that I would be surprised to learn EVER cleans their floors...I know they are busy whenever I am there, but the floors are far from heavenly.
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
we often show up for breakfast before they open

Who regularly shows up at a place before they open? Please don't tell me there's an ongoing expectation to let you in before they officially open.
mhnatt
We do. It's absolutely not expected and greatly appreciated. But thanks for your input
Turtle88
AG
I sure wish Chilis would do this!! Went last night because my son really likes it and I wanted to eat with me son, anyway. The floors are disgusting there. A kid spilled a drink across from us and the waiter did a half a** job cleaning it up with a rag not before the hostess sat a party there. The whole restaurant could use a good scrubbing and I told them so. But yea, the waiter and hostess could care less. I am not going there again !
mhnatt
Sticks&Stones
AG
Wow...this forum is a complete mess. Thank you OP for pointing out something good! Wish people didn't feel the need to tell you how wrong you are, when you're just giving a compliment.
meezermom
Agreed - Jason's Deli is well run and clean with friendly employees who actually seem to give a crap and very good food, especially value-wise. My only complain with the place is the number of tables that have crammed in there. The tables and boots along the wall move, and the last time we were there, a man sat down behind me and my daughter and since he felt he didn't have enough room, he just pushed really hard with his butt and sent me and my daughter, who were sitting in the booth on the other side of him, into our table, spilling our drinks. I wish they would take some tables out and give customers some room -- actually, what I truly wish is that they would build another Jason's south of town, away from campus... I can dream!
Bpriefert
Newk's should take a lesson from Jason's. I have watched Newk's go from a superior eating spot in their beginning, down to a pathetic, barely hanging in there, dive. They began cutting corners when they trimmed their open hours, down to cheaper ingredients and dirty restrooms (maybe my nose is over sensitive but it smells gross to walk by that area on the way to a table). The center salad fixing self-serve table is often disgusting (capers look like they have been kept open in my hot garage for months, and that fake flower thing on the top is covered with dust balls). You can tell I'm not too exited about Newk's but my colleagues often insist on hitting up the place for lunch because it is unsurprisingly not as crowded as it used to be.
FlyRod
Sounds like you need some new lunch companions.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.