Recycling old trophies

3,114 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by sunshine1
wildbluehair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Over the years my son has received several trophies for participating in various sports. Any suggestions on what to do with trophies no longer needed, besides donating to Goodwill or tossing? Is there some local organization that could use them?
Swarely
If one of them is big, like 2 ft or more taller, I'll take it. Could use it for my FF league.
Max06
AG
Ebay?
Prune Tracy
We've tried to give some away before and no one would take them. Wound up tossing them.
jrhmc
AG
I have a giant one from my husband winning the kolache eating contest at the Kolache Festival about 20 years ago. I'd love to get rid of it and he would too but we've had zero luck at garage sales.
Swarely
How big is giant?
jrhmc
AG
It's 2-3 ft. tall.
Swarely
I will gladly take that off your hands
TXAggie1976
AG
Sometimes teachers will take them and then buy a different top to screw on and use it as a motivator in the classroom! Works great!
jrhmc
AG
Email me at jrhmcastillo at gmail dot com and we can work out how to get it to you.
newsjunkie
I've got a few that are 20 inches tall that I would be willing to donate. They're dart ones. I've also got a number that are about 1 foot tall as well.
Roc96
AG
Donate them to the big 12 conference for their "one true champion."
originaltexan
eBay is not a good outlet for trophies due to the weight. Assuming that a trophy is 3 pounds, and another pound for the box and packing material.

Shipping to Washington or Maine would be about $14.00.
sunshine1
Just get a new award plate made and put on the trophy. Then give it to the hubby after a good wrasseling match some evening.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.