Salt Grass Steak House

5,074 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mgreen
AgTrip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Drove by today at lunch and saw people coming out like it was open. Asked the people at the door if they were opened and they said they were doing doing training and since it was just two of us, they were able to allow us in for the lunch. Limited menu since they were training but they said they will open Tuesday. Had the steak salad and it was awesome. Buddy had the salmon. We work south of town and we're ready to have something a bit closer to us! The place looks great inside.
Spyderman
AG
Great...maybe a DQ is next?
nonag97
I won't believe it until I see Greg D's review on Yelp.

Spyderman - I noticed the DQ in CS was open today, at least there were several cars in the drive-thru.
agfan92
AG
Their online menu is enough to make me want to frequent this place on a regular basis. Some really unique items even if the prices are a bit on the steep side. It's a steakhouse, so I kind of expect that.

Can't wait to try.
justalocal
The steak salad is my favorite.

You should go ahead and write a YELP review.
Aggie
AG
Saltgrass is ok.
Not great
Very overpriced
BlazeHarper
AgTrip be the FTR on Yelp !
rhoswen
AG
Pleeeeease go review it first. Please?
techno-ag
AG
Love the one on 35W in Ft. Worth. Looking forward to getting one here.
halibut sinclair
Eh. Been to Saltgrass in Houston and Galveston. So-so at best. Much better locally owned options.

[This message has been edited by halibut sinclair (edited 8/28/2014 10:05p).]
Tailgate88
AG
Greg D drove by a Saltgrass in Houston once, has eaten steak before, and downloaded the menu from their website, so he has all the info he needs to do a Yelp review.
jja79
AG
I've been to Saltgrass quote a few times but don't recall any unique menu items. It's ok but it's a Fertitta cookie cutter mid-level steakhouse.
SARATOGA
quote:
Eh. Been to Saltgrass in Houston and Galveston. So-so at best. Much better locally owned options.

Yes, but none of the locally owned options have come out to where the people are. Saltgrass has done so and will be handsomely rewarded for moving towards a large customer base.

Other (chain) restaurants will follow the money, will the locally owned follow as well ?
techno-ag
AG
Yep the Saltgrass/Logan's/Texas Roadhouse formula is highly successful. And I agree with Saratoga, the location they chose was a good one, just like Cracker Barrel, Freddy's, Cotton Patch, etc. choosing to locate off Boonville & Briarcrest. All these exits, north & south, are golden opportunities for restaurant locations.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Salt grass has some really good stuff and some not so good stuff, just like any other restaraunt. I'll go.
91_Aggie
AG
I think this will be a homerun!
ksp
Vaquero Tacos!

Agree, some good stuff, some bad stuff.

Better options ? sure

Worse options? sure

bonfiresmoke
I have eaten at the Saltgrass in Bossier City several times and the food has always been great. I am glad to see them opening in College Station. The decor on the outside is excellent! I will be sending pictures of the sawed off horns to a few friends for sure.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Great...maybe a DQ is next?

Spyderman ... pining for CS DQs since 2006.

Gotta admire your consistency, sir.
Ronnie Gardocki
South CS.
AC Hopper
S

dp

[This message has been edited by AC Hopper (edited 8/29/2014 11:40p).]
AC Hopper
S
Texas DQ's rock.

It would be fabulous to have a DQ in the Pebble Creek/Hwy 6/HEB area.

The Dude & a dipped cone with loafers walkin'--pfft!-- nothing finer!
(lessin' they get a liquor license, then they can do away with the cone, etc.)

[This message has been edited by AC Hopper (edited 8/30/2014 12:14a).]
eloc62
gonna give them a couple weeks to iron out the kinks before i go there.

[This message has been edited by eloc62 (edited 8/30/2014 10:45p).]
FlyRod
quote:
quote:

Yes, but none of the locally owned options have come out to where the people are. Saltgrass has done so and will be handsomely rewarded for moving towards a large customer base.

Other (chain) restaurants will follow the money, will the locally owned follow as well ?

I would have to say that Saltgrass is not "following the money" in S. CStat, so much as it is following the money that zips back and forth on what is now a major highway. Saltgrass typically sets up along highways that get a lot of traffic, and 6 is no exception to the rule now.
halibut sinclair
mgreen
Been twice in Houston. Unimpressed with the menu, food or service but as always will give them a try.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.