Just got tagged with Suddenlink internet overage

1,869 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by spudag
aggiewrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got tagged with Suddenlink internet overage.

Apparently the first one is free. then it is $10 for every 50GB allotment

used 263 GB in 27 days

Anyone else had this happen?

they claim it is a very small amount (I would like to see the actual numbers)
MiMi
S
You can log in to your Suddenlink account online and view your daily usage.
75AG
AG
Happened to us, too. However, we had a student staying with us the last 2 weeks of summer school and she was taking 2 internet classes. I'm hoping that was the cause for our overage.
Stucco
Happened to me. Unfortunately they literally block your internet and refuse to turn it back on until you agree that you did in fact go over. The call center can do nothing about it. They got the date mine cycled wrong, so I didn't go over, but they still forced me to say I did to reactivate service, even though it was already the next billing month.

You can check your usage (according to them of course). It is delayed by 24 hours or so though, so be careful. The way it is set up, you can never actually use your allotment, you have to use under, or risk getting a notice and overcharge.

I've been meaning to set up my router to compare my actual traffic to their numbers.
stinkerbelle
Same experience as Stucco 2 months in a row now.
CCMD
AG
Until Suddenlink has some real competition in town, we will continue to get screwed with these unfair charges. Why do the local city councils continue to put up with the monopoly?
barsa
AG
I had a notice also. Thought it was strange since we were gone on vacation for a week.
spudag
AG
Received the same notification yet my internet has been down quite a bit this month and I can rarely connect. Very strange.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.