PUPPY! John Dog (aka Johnny) needs a home!

1,457 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by momlaw
jlee0713
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Johnny (short for John Dog) is approximately 12 weeks old and just under 10lbs, solid white with one brown eye and one blue eye. He was found in an alley near 2818 & Holleman last Tuesday. He's most likely a pitbull mix. He's been dewormed and given heartworm/parasite prevention, and is on an anti-inflammatory pain reliever for a leg injury. He's all puppy - smart, sweet, and full of energy! He needs a home where he can get plenty of attention, exercise, socialization, and training. He's already learning "sit", "come", "down", "out", "leave it", "ball", and "outside". He's doing a great job of housetraining and is starting to ask when he needs to go out to potty by whining and pawing at the door. He is also being crate trained. If you or someone you know is interested in being Johnny's forever home, please email Jodi at jlee0713@aol.com or respond to this post. Please feel free to share this post via social media, so we can find Johnny a home! Thanks & gig 'em! <3 Jodi '07
alissanicole76
Low cost spay/neuter at CCC clinic in Bryan. He can be fixed at 4 months old so he won't be used by backyard breeders to create more homeless pups.

CCC Spay Neuter & Wellness Clinic
2001 Highway 21Suite #102
Bryan, TX 77803
(979)446-1264
TKDMom
Offering up a found puppy for someone to have as their forever pet after a week seems a little premature to me. Have you done anything to try to find the owner who lost him? Did you take his picture by the local vets? Stop by the humane society and check to see if anyone was looking for him?

I ask because years ago our cocker spaniel slipped out of our garage and her collar and was "found" by a family who lived several blocks away. My husband and I were looking for her everywhere. We took pictures of her to the shelter, we went to local vets to see if she'd been brought in for shots, and we put posters of her up in a 4 block radius of our house. It wasn't until we ran an ad in the paper that the family finally called and said they had her. By the time we got her back she'd been gone almost a month, her "new" family had renamed her, and their kids were starting to get attached to her. Honestly, if I hadn't had my own kids in the car when we finally got her back, I might have just left her with them, given that their kids were crying so hard over "losing" her to us. I'm sure the $50 was appreciated by the dad who called, but his kids were wrecked.
momlaw
AG
It is apparent you are a "dog" person, understanding the basics of care, conditioning, and training. In a following post I will offer a link to resources and tips for finding wayward owners. Also, there are several groups in town who can help you with making quality placements. Any home does not equate to appropriate home. Long way Home Adoptables and Friends is one of them.
momlaw
AG
Thank you for providing safe harbor.

Found pets can be scanned at the Banfield Vet Clinic in Petsmart, other vet clinics and by animal control.

These are helpful tips for reuniting wayward critters. Please note are ACTION items, including placing free found ads in The Eagle, where to get checked for micro chip.
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?forum_id=35&topic_id=1222083

If you cannot post photo email eyesmellratz@yahoo.com with photos she will post here. There are times that folks on this board recognize a friend or neighbor's dog that they did not know was awol.

You can check for microchip at a vet clinic or CS Animal Control can come wand it. See contact info in tips, above.

In particular, check the Brazos Lost and Found Pets Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BrazosLostAndFoundPets and email Heather BrazosLostAndFoundPets@gmail.com
She has good connections between multiple networks.

One tip I saw recently was to ask the claiming owners for a receipt from their vet or call the vet to confirm ownership. My vet does have a photo of my dog/cat on my receipts. Or you can ask for photo of the animal.

Also, putting a sign out where animal was found might be helpful.

Sign making tips: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.248799961890450.36953.155785051191942&type=1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.