Beaten to Death At McDonald's

27,326 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Fletch_F_Fletch
Vox Humana
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was required to provide two security (off duty cops) at my daughter's wedding reception and I knew every one of the invitees. Granted, wine and beer were being served, but it seems to me that the risk I was expected to anticipate and mitigate was less than the conditions at that McDonalds that night.
NativeTxn
quote:
I'm not saying cops need to be at the McD's 24/7, but if it's such an obvious trouble spot, why no patrols? If there was such a large group and they were causing trouble, why weren't they dispersed?

No one ever said there were no patrols that night. The real question we should be asking is why didn't management or an employee call the police? According to witness testimony, there was trouble brewing. The ruckus started inside the restaurant before the victims ever arrived. According to testimony there were hundreds of people both inside and outside the restaurant. Someone inside brandished a gun and the inside group was made to leave the building, yet there was no call to police.

Read up on the testimony. It is clear you haven't.
unmade bed
quote:
quote:
I'm not saying cops need to be at the McD's 24/7, but if it's such an obvious trouble spot, why no patrols? If there was such a large group and they were causing trouble, why weren't they dispersed?

No one ever said there were no patrols that night. The real question we should be asking is why didn't management or an employee call the police? According to witness testimony, there was trouble brewing. The ruckus started inside the restaurant before the victims ever arrived. According to testimony there were hundreds of people both inside and outside the restaurant. Someone inside brandished a gun and the inside group was made to leave the building, yet there was no call to police.

Read up on the testimony. It is clear you haven't.

Um, are you sure you have "read up" on the testimony??

A McDonald's employee (Lindsey Ives) did immediately call 911. You may be confused because the dumb ass manager lied his ass off claiming no knowledge of previous 911 calls but someone from McDonald's called 911 when the fighting started. That's one of the reasons police were immediately on the scene (bike cops from Harrys parking lot and a police cruiser all arrive before the victims left). Lindsey Ives also denied knowledge of making the 911 call that night even though she was the one that made the call and police records confirmed this. Just a whole lot of dumbassery from the McDonald's employees trying to cover for themselves.

You may also be confused about the 911 call because none of the 4 people involved in the car accident called 911 at any point. Instead McDonald's apparently forced them to drunk drive around town for 15 minutes rather than call for help.

Also there was no "gun" brandished nor was any gun found at the scene. The gun story came from one witness who said another customer in the store stuck his hand inside he shirt and told the aggressors of the fight (aka the black guys) to stay away from him because he had a gun. This was not either of the guys who were beat up outside.
NativeTxn
I have read it numerous times. You can skew things all you like, but your fictitious account of events are far from fact.
unmade bed
quote:
I have read it numerous times. You can skew things all you like, but your fictitious account of events are far from fact.

So CSPD detective Derick Cooper is a liar?

You've read his August 23, 2013 deposition?

Which part of what I posted above is fictitious??

Do 911 records not reflect a call from a Lindsey Ives at that McDonald's location that night?

Did anyone in the car with victims ever call 911?

Did police not arrive on the scene, verified by McDonald's drive thru video at 2:27 am?
NativeTxn
I have read his deposition. I am not calling him a liar at all. I am trying very hard not to call YOU a liar because that is a bit of a personal attack, but... We should probably end this exchange here.
delta-lima88
AG
From KBTX,
"Judge Steve Smith disagreed, pointing to testimony from Marcus Jones, the person accused of throwing the first punch. During the trial, Jones said he would not have started the fight had he seen an officer."

Thank you judge, for basing your decision on such an insipid excuse from "the person accused of throwing the first punch."
I'm surprised you publicly acknowledged this....no disappointed.
lost my dog
So if the judgement is ultimately upheld, will this McDonalds franchise go bankrupt and shut down? Because, while I don't want to sound at all heartless to the plantiffs who lost their lives, none of this matters to most of us if there is no change in Northgate.
Fletch_F_Fletch
AG
I doubt there will ever be a dime paid on the part of the McDonalds franchisee, nor will there be any change in police presence on Northgate. There has already been the creation of a specific Northgate Patrol Unit since this event occurred, and there continues to be a large LEO presence on busy (and non-busy) nights in and around Northgate, including police (both city and university), off-duty constables, and other COCS staff. There is a tremendous amount of communication between everyone who works that area, yet its impossible to be everywhere at once.

Two things remain clear in this case.

1) Drugs and alcohol make people engage in stupid behavior.

2) Racial tensions aren't any better, in any state in the US, than they were 8 years ago.
Wildmen03
AG
Dumb people do dumb things and people always look for someone else to blame.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I doubt there will ever be a dime paid on the part of the McDonalds franchisee, nor will there be any change in police presence on Northgate. There has already been the creation of a specific Northgate Patrol Unit since this event occurred, and there continues to be a large LEO presence on busy (and non-busy) nights in and around Northgate, including police (both city and university), off-duty constables, and other COCS staff. There is a tremendous amount of communication between everyone who works that area, yet its impossible to be everywhere at once.

Two things remain clear in this case.

1) Drugs and alcohol make people engage in stupid behavior.

2) Racial tensions aren't any better, in any state in the US, than they were 8 years ago.

Police presence at businesses is paid for by the businesses. It's a different thing than police presence on the streets.
FlyRod
Prune Tracy
Carnwellag2
don't know that the business should be required to pay for a police officer to make sure hoodlums don't congregate in their parking lots
Fletch_F_Fletch
AG
quote:
Police presence at businesses is paid for by the businesses. It's a different thing than police presence on the streets.

Yep. Which is why I mentioned off-duty constables. Many private businesses utilize their services.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.