Smitty K's

6,608 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TravelinAg76
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stopped by a little before lunch and things are looking good.
They are gonna have 21 TVs. A full bar, draft beer including Karbach and New Republic on tap. Menu looks good too.

Owners said they are trying to open ASAP. Probably about another week.

Wish them Luck!
FlyRod
Very cool, thanks for posting. Have not heard of this place. Where will it be?
halibut sinclair
Across from The Beer Joint on Hwy. 30
EliteElectric
Glad to be a part of this one too!

Sponsor Message:

www.elitellp.net
techno-ag
AG
Together with Yankee's, the Beer Joint, & Koppe Bridge, Hwy. 30 is going to have some strong burger and beer options.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Can't wait to hopefully call this place my second home!!!
AggieRebel
AG
Thanks Jetty!

Jetty stopped by today and saw all of our progress so far (she was super nice, btw). We are fighting like all get out to be open before the first Aggie game.

Like us on facebook (Smitty K's) and follow us on twitter (@smitty_ks) for updates and our menu which should be up tomorrow.

If you're out this way stop on in and check it out!
dave99ag
AG
Anxious to see the menu and full tap list. Would love to have a place on the south side with a diverse craft tap selection.
rsa
AG
Looks like a good addition to the community.
AggieRebel
AG
Tap beers to start: miller lite, bud lite, coors lite, dos xx, shiner, new republic dammit jim, karbach Weiss versa and karbach seasonal. We have the chill rite 32 draft system which guarantees your pour to be 32 degrees or colder, coldest draft in bcs although we can't advertise that. We'll also have many other craft beers in bottles and cans (deep ellum brewery, karbach, new republic, rahr, st. Arnold, and many other lesser known crafts bc we like to dabble).

[This message has been edited by AggieRebel (edited 8/15/2014 3:38p).]
AggieRebel
AG
If anyone has any special requests for beers or liquor to carry, now is the time to make your voice heard...
rsa
AG
Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan (http://lazymagnolia.com/ourbeer.php). Spec's in Cy-Fair carries it from time-to-time.
AggieRebel
AG
I know lazy magnolia well from my stint in Oxford, MS. Keep em coming
halibut sinclair
Abita Amber
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Revolver blood and honey
Framboise

If you will have liquor, TX whiskey
AggieRebel
AG
We will have liquor and we'll definitely have TX, that stuff is really good.
dave99ag
AG
Other local breweries, B-52, Lone Pint, Cycler's, Brazos Valley, etc, would be nice.
Preferred Nomenclature
AG
I 2nd Revolver Brewery's Blood & Honey
ShawnTxAg
AG
Can i request CHEAP liquor and beer!!
SchnauzerMom
Bombshell Blonde from Southern Star Brewery in Conroe!
FlyRod
If you are going to have liquor, perhaps something from local boys Rio Brazos Distillery?
BurnetAggie99
Live Oak HefeWeizen 

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier

frito bandito
Tennent's Ale
Cancelled
AG
http://smittyks.com/

hell of a website

jk good luck
AggieRebel
AG
Yes, the website is lacking. Probably won't look like a real website until after we open so we can add pics and the finalized menu.

Should've had all you craft beer folks out when our craft beer rep brought out samples. That was a fun day, although not very productive.
Drewmeister
AG
quote:
We have the chill rite 32 draft system which guarantees your pour to be 32 degrees or colder, coldest draft in bcs although we can't advertise that.

Please don't do this for your craft beer. Anything with an appreciable amount of hops (not just IPAs... things like Dammit Jim too) will just taste super bitter at that temperature, without the associated malt flavors you normally get. You'll also waste a lot more beer in the form of foam. Save that shtick for Bud Light, and serve the real beer at 40-45.

I would suggest adding an IPA. Something from Stone, Lagunitas, or Dogfish Head, or if you're looking local, Whipsaw, Hop Delusion (NOT Hopadillo), 512, or Guadalupe.
AggieRebel
AG
Drew,
The only way we can serve Dammit Jim is on draft, they can't keep the bottles in stock.

We will have a couple of IPAs (not whipsaw, that's a double IPA and it's delicious but if people don't know what they're ordering that 9% alcohol will do a number on them).
BurnetAggie99
Live Oak HefeWeizen - only comes in kegs right now but Live Oak is working on getting bottles.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier - Comes in bottles & Kegs.
MsC2012
AG
Having a cider on tap (Ace Pear) would be awesome. Not many places do and I love Ciders and I know other people who do too!
TravelinAg76
AG
I swung by Smitty's the other day with a buddy who knows the owner. The place has a ton of potential, and am looking forward to watching the Aggie vs Gamecocks there. Maybe we can start a thread under the Football forum to rally a bunch of local Aggies out there for gameday?
Preferred Nomenclature
AG
Will the place be open for Monday Night Football this evening? Pretty sure Manziel and the Browns are playing...
TheAlarmGuy
CLOSE TO HOME WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516
MiMi
S
I don't believe it's open yet. Their Facebook page said they are shooting for an Aug 22/23rd opening.

Has GregD posted a Yelp review yet?
mazag08
AG
No label, revolver, and southern star please.
barney94
AG
A place close to my casa. Awesome.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.