Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Repair

2,481 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Brewmaster
AggieWife2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I never thought I would be one of those people but I dropped my phone and it hit an angle that cracked the screen pretty bad.

Any good places in town that can fix it? Any idea on price? Thank you!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
had this happen to me last year. also had the Samsung. the repair on the screen is going to cost you a bit more than your likely insurance deductable or near the cost of a new phone. Best Buy generally has some pretty good deals on phones (lately they have been beating out the actual Sprint Stores, Verizon Stores etc..)

the 2 places i checked for screen repair was the place on Texas and then the Sour Apples place in College Station.
AggieWife2008
S
How much were you quoted?

Thanks for your input!
AgSportsFan
AG
Had my Galaxy S3 screen replaced several months ago at one of the kiosks (can't remember name) in Post Oak Mall. Paid around $100. Took them about 20 minutes to do it. No problems with it so far.
AggiePirate
AG
Dr. Cell in the mall. Lowest in town. Near food court in a kiosk. Also has a cute European accent, if you're into that. Even if you are not into that he still has the accent. Deal with it.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Sour Apple does this as well. They include a warranty on their work. Most professional competent guys in town (I have no personal ties to this business).
aTmneal
AG
I just ordered a kit on Amazon for twenty bucks, followed directions, and fixed it myself. Saved a ton of money.
AggiePirate
AG
Does Sour Apple do non iPhones? That would be cool. I can echo that they are awesome. Very kind and generous staff. You also get the opportunity to see all of the latest developments in bongs and hooka pipes on your way to their mini store. I like wearing state trooper glasses and staring hard at the guy behind the counter as I walk slowly to the back where Sour Apple is.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Yeah Sour Apple does do non iPhones. I actually heard they may be moving locations out of the smoke shop soon.
law80
AG
quote:
I just ordered a kit on Amazon for twenty bucks, followed directions, and fixed it myself. Saved a ton of money.

This. Ordered a glass screen on ebay and installed it myself after watching a YouTube video. Cost me about $12. Glass came with the tools kit. Took about 45 minutes to do.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
Yeah Sour Apple does do non iPhones. I actually heard they may be moving locations out of the smoke shop soon.

Cool and good for them for moving, they deserve better than second fiddle and it also limits customers being in there. Greatly recommend them!

[This message has been edited by AggiePirate (edited 6/29/2014 4:43p).]
Brewmaster
AG
I know this is an old post, but is Sour Apple and Dr Cell still the consensus?
Cracked the heck out of my screen on an S5 this morning, despite having a case on it... insurance deductible is $150 plus the time to swap everything over. I'd much prefer 20 minutes and $100!
MasterOfNone
Batteries Plus does phone repairs. I am having the charging port replaced on my galaxy S6 at the Bryan location right now and they are charging $60. I called quite a few places and they were the cheapest by a long shot.
Brewmaster
AG
Batteries Plus would've been the cheapest @ $120. Place in the mall is now Mobile Device Repair, but sounds like same guy, and roughly same spot in mall - he was $175.

Sour Apple was $300+ , supposedly because of the cost of the screen. They strongly recommended I just do the insurance...which is now what I'm doing. Fun times.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.