Getting A&M Diploma Framed

5,831 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Objective Aggie
BodyRockAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any good recommendations on where to get my diploma framed? The first place that comes to mind is Hobby Lobby, but I haven't done much research yet so I don't know how good of a job they do or what their price is like compared to other places. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
Ag210
AG
I had mine framed at Michaels several years back. They did a great job. The key is to wait for the custom framing to go on sale.
BodyRockAg
AG
Oh that's great to know.. I had no idea they had sales for framing. Thanks!
halibut sinclair
Got some stuff framed at Michael's recently for 70% off. Look at their website for coupons or sign up for their mailing list and save even more.
AggiePhil
AG
I highly recommend Myra's on University.
Kashchei
AG
I had mine framed at Benjamin Knox. Despite the Texags ribbing, they did a beautiful job.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
I highly recommend Myra's on University.

My wife and I got two degrees framed at Ben Knox and the other four at Myra's.

Myra's does a better job than Knox, for cheaper, with better materials, and delivers it much faster.
Tailgate88
AG
Myra's

/EOT
75AG
AG
quote:
I had mine framed at Benjamin Knox. Despite the Texags ribbing, they did a beautiful job.

Same for me!
merrag01
AG
Myra's...best in town
techno-ag
AG
Another +1 for Myra's. Better than any chain type store.

[This message has been edited by techno-ag (edited 6/26/2014 7:05p).]
MAlovedphotography
i can ask my friend, she and her friend make the boot cases for the corp, they also do framing work
91_Aggie
AG
Myra's
FarmerKeith
AG
Go to Myra's...though the lady who runs the place and frames your stuff is actually Laura.
SchnauzerMom
+1 for Myra's Gallery and Custom Framing. I used to work in the office responsible for ordering and handling all diplomas for TAMU. I suggested all students use Myra's when asked. She does exceptional work!
momlaw
AG
Laura at Myra's is an artist. Her work is incredible and I think reasonably priced for the quality.
peggys
AG
Another vote for Myra's--Laura is the best in town!
NetBoy
AG
Laura at Myra's is the only way to go.
MAlovedphotography
+1 for laura
rhoswen
AG
I had mine done at Hobby Lobby and I think they did a fine job.
dgonzo99
A big plus for Laura at Myra's!
AggiePirate
AG
BK can do this:

Thats the one I fancied mine in. But I think WalMart's jewelry/watch department will frame them or they used to at least, or maybe it was watch batteries. Usually when I look no one is even in their assigned department. Don't get me started on the toy and electronics and sporting goods sections. There has also been theft a lot at the WalMart in CS. Actually just don't go to WalMart.
ZondoAggie
AG
If you want to go to Hobby Lobby and not wait for the sale, just print out one of their 40% off one item coupons (or use your phone). 40% off might even be better than whatever the sale is. I've done that before on custom frames and used it on the glass. You will buy the frame and glass separately and the glass is usually the most expensive piece.
duffelpud
AG
I had Greta Watkins, owner of the Frame Gallery in downtown Bryan, frame each of mine. They were very professionally done at a fair price.
eagleese
AG
A+ for Myra's.
NurseC
AG
Hobby Lobby is great for cheaper stuff...
But for your diploma you simply MUST use Laura at Myra's. BEST in town.
Hobby Lobby does decor for my kid's rooms, etc.
Myra's handles anything of value or importance. She can look into my brain and know exactly what I want before I even speak!
Highly Recommend!
6yardline
AG
6yardline
AG
6yardline
AG
dgonzo99
Laura at Myra's all the way. She does a lot of the framing for TAMU.
Bennett
AG
Loren Johnson
Masterpiece Framing
(979) 450-1920
www.masterpieceframingbcs.com

Loren came to my office with samples, picked up my diplomas, and delivered them once finished. He does an excellent job and his prices are probably below market for the quality of his work.
janburch
Myra's Gallery is by far the best place in BCS for diploma framing. Most diplomas can be framed the same day. Myra's uses real wood moulding, acid free foam core & tape, UV protected glass. Myra's has been in the same location since 1991, and stands behind the product, and labor. Laura does a beautiful job, and will make every effort to accommodate your requests.
dachsie
I got my doctorate framed at Myra's (not from A&M) and they did a great job. The one thing I noticed was all the variety and complimentary ways they do frame A&M diplomas. It will cost you more than Hobby Lobby or Michaels, but they had some really neat framing options for you all.
rhoswen
AG
What do you mean "you all"???
Objective Aggie
AG
I have two Myra's frames that someone can take for free. And a third that is missing glass.

Texags classified

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.