Best place for helium balloons in BCS

4,835 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AC Hopper
JeckaPaige
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having a birthday party next weekend and wondering where to get the cheapest helium balloons. Any tips?
BlazeHarper
The world is running out of helium.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/why-the-world-is-running-out-of-helium-2059357.html
ccobra70
king dollar in college station (little Kroger shopping center) or bryan king dollar (little Wal-Mart shopping center) 1.09 for the ballon and 1.09 for the helium.
Leslie
Dollar Store by Target in Bryan...$1.00 a piece gets the huge balloons & helium. I spent $12 a few weeks ago and had the best looking bunch of balloons ever!
Proud Aggie
King dollar got nice selections specially for birthday balloons.
Ace A
heb or dollar store by kohls. i dont remember the price, but i think they were the lowest when i was shopping around
Fitnessgal
9.99 a dozen at Kroger off boonville
doubledog
The Helium Act of 1992 will expire in October and the Bureau of Land Management will shut down all operations for the National Helium Reserves (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Helium_Reserve) which currently supplies about 30% of the world's Helium gas.

Helium is not a renewable resource. We should consider if filling party balloons is a good use of our remaining Helium supplies.
rhoswen
AG
What else are we gonna use it for?
doubledog
quote:
What else are we gonna use it for?

Many research, medical and industrial processes. One of the biggest users of liquid He is the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging or more precisely nuclear magnetic resonance) instruments found in most hospitals and now found in many out-patient facilities.
pmartinezv
Hello, try BUBBLELLON GIANT BALLOONS... they have really nice big balloons you can find them on facebook.
BlazeHarper
Please reconsider you use of HELIUM balloons. You may or may not have known that HELIUM is a finite resource used in productive processes in science,healthcare and many other applications. Now that you have this information you can use it to better not only yourself but the world. The ball is in your court. You can have this birthday party , announce to everyone "I was going to use helium filled balloons but realize the world is running out of F!@#&*G helium and decided it was just NOT worth it. so here we are" Do the right think...we are all counting on you.
AC Hopper
S
Where does helium come from? ... Amarillo?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.