Venus Pest Control to the rescue!

1,725 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by OnlyForNow
harley98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, BCS I want to share a horrible panic freak out week that we've had and how Venus Pest Control came to our rescue.

A couple months ago, I saw a recommendation on here for Jennifer from Venus and I made note of her name. I called her to come do a mosquito control spray and we clicked. She was AWESOME and thorough. I loved her diligence and I loved the mosquito treatment! We finally were able to sit outside in the evenings!

She gave me her cell number in case I needed anything and I stored it.

A few weeks later (two weeks ago) I was making the bed as I do everyday and on my husbands side of the bed I saw tiny stains that looked like blood. I freaked out and pulled back the covers and saw a tiny bug scurry away.

I literally panicked. I grabbed my phone and called Jennifer's cell phone. I was on the verge of tears. She came over by the end of the same day.

She did a thorough inspection and confirmed we had bedbugs.

She spent hours talking me through pep and treatment, texting me answers to my every question and walked me through my panic.

we are a clean family. we've lived in cs for 15 yrs and have NEVER seen a bedbug before.We change our sheets every week, we are not cluttered, we have cleaning ladies who clean every other week and have for the past 8 yrs. This was shocking.

Jennifer came in and was professional, calm, reassuring,and knowledgeable!!!

She went way above and beyond to kill and destroy every last bedbug. In our case only a couple were found after an intense! inspection of every room but she treated the house completely and fully.

Its been 6 days since we were given our house back after treatment. Treatment included everything from the spray, aerosol, powder, vacuum, and encasements for every bed and boxspring (we have 4 bed sets and a 2400 sq ft house with guest house).

She inspected every piece of furniture, outlet, room, etc. She knew exactly how to get these evil creatures!

After 6 days we haven't been able to find a single shred of evidence there were ever bed bugs. Not a leg, not a casing, not a egg, nothing.

I have inspected constantly (I think i have issues now) and I cant find anything!

I was going to call Jennifer today and tell her "What am I doing wrong!!? I cant find anything! not one! I've heard its impossible to get rid of them in one treatment."

But as I was considering calling her and revealing my level of psychosis my phone rang. It was Jennifer, checking on us. She asked if I'd seen anything. I told her my thoughts and she laughed. She said, "I get them in one treatment!"

She was the very best thing during a panic and completely frightening situation. She was careful with our belongings, our pets, and our kids. She was mindful of how to protect them and how terribly hard this situation is.

I HIGHLY recommend her and Venus pest control for ANY pest situation that arises.

** I am not paid, nor have any affiliation with Venus other than a highly satisfied, and now lifelong customer***

I am posting because I believe, with the bedbug infestations on the rise, our community is prime ground for bedbug issues. From dorm rooms, hotels, visitors, etc... I believe we will see a rise in numbers and problems with these awful bugs!!
quirkyaggie
toolshed
AG
Jennifer and the whole crew at Venus do great work! They are coming to perform our monthly mosquito treatment next week.
momlaw
AG
Venus Crew is terrific, Jennifer is over the moon.
TLIAC
BlazeHarper
OK lady your freaking me out with the bed bug story ! So how how how did these bed bugs get into your house ? Did you find the source ?

Jennifernator - destroyer of bed bugs !
dubi
AG
Harley,

Can you text Jennifer?

http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/34/Topics/2323020
spike427
AG
Jennifer rocks!
OnlyForNow
AG
The main way they infest a clean house would be traveling, whether it be overnight guests, sleep overs, or business travel.

Anyone sleeping anywhere else or bringing in suitcases/bags can bring in bedbugs.

Right now hotels are at an all time high, so a lot if times they'll crawl into/onto luggage and ride home. All it takes is one female.

The don't fly, ever, so you don't have to worry about that. Best way o check for them at hotels etx is to lift of the mattress look for the actual bugs, flip back the sheets check for small blood stains, check against the wall and headboard. Usually screwed into the wall so check the edge.
agswife
Jennifer is the best!
SARATOGA
Jennifer is thorough knowledgeable !

We are happy with our service !

+1 for Jennifer and Venus.
harley98
BlazeHarper-

We don't know how they came in. We hadn't traveled anywhere recently and only had two overnight guests. Both are family and both freaked out and stripped beds and furniture and couldn't find a single one. (though i didn't look myself at their beds - i believe they were thorough)

There were two other possible sources. We had construction done on our master bath and the workers came through our master bedroom door that leads to the outside- for several days two workers traipsed in and out of our master bedroom only. And the other is our cleaning ladies (who i adore) . They could've hitched a ride from another house they clean or their own house. Since they clean our bedroom and do our sheets, its a possibility.

The bedbugs were new. As in VERY recent coming into our home. I caught them right away. (because I use white sheets only and make the bed every day).

We were able to pinpoint approximate time frame from evidence, numbers, stages.... no nymphs or juveniles were found, only an instage 4 and an instage 5 adult and a couple eggs on a nightstand. (did i mention Jennifer is thorough!??!)

And I believe we could be in for trouble in this community with these things. I'm hearing from more and more people that they've encountered them.

When I went to launder some items at a local laundromat(i had to hot wash and hot dry EVERY piece of clothing) The staff at the laudromat said, "oh yeah, we get folks in weekly dealing with bedbugs"

{totally creeped out}

if you find them, blood specks on sheets, or think you might have them call Venus!

OnlyForNow
AG
Harley,

did you use the laundry mat for any specific reason?
harley98
I only used it this once because we had a household of clothes to hot dry-

I had my washer and dryer going 24/7 for days and thought I could get more done at one time at the laundromat but when the staff said they had customers with bedbugs, I couldnt bring myself to go back. I know, once everything is heat treated it kills them, but I am just totally psycho about this right now.

So, no, I dont use a laundromat ever except in this one case.

I also reviewed how to use the laundromat without exposing anyone else. If you have to do this, take your belongings in to the laundromat in sealed bags, no holes, I even duck taped at the top. Put your items directly into the washer or dryer and make sure it is on HOT wash and HOT dry. Do not let belongings touch the floor or tables or any surface at the laundry facility. Do not open bags until they are going directly into machine. Don't sort at the facility! And when the hot dryer cycle has completed 30 minutes, put directly into NEW bags (no folding at facility), seal and take home.

[This message has been edited by harley98 (edited 6/21/2013 11:22a).]
GTXM

[This message has been edited by Gtxm (edited 8/28/2013 4:06p).]
OnlyForNow
AG
Ok. WAnted to know whether or not you visit frequently or if it was for this purpose. Good to know, lots of people wouldn't take the precautions you did to help NOT spread it around.

Thanks! and I live in Houston.

Sounds like, imo, they most likely coulda come in with the cleaning ladies, and someone else's house.

Kid's didn't have any sleep overs they went to did they?

Sucks, but I'd get a new service.
harley98
No sleep overs.

And very unfortunately, I am letting the cleaning ladies go. I hate to, but I need to be sure to have this completely under control. I dont want to spread them, expose anyone, or be re-exposed.

thanks all! Don't let the bed bugs bite.
stinkerbelle
Unfortunately, unless your cleaning people work for you and you only, it doesn't matter who it is, you will be at risk for this problem. To eliminate the risk you will have to do your own cleaning and not have anyone over.
Also, I have worked for several laundry mats in the past and very seldom does a hot wash cycle really mean a hot wash, usually lukewarm at best. If you really want a hot wash from a laundry mat, go first thing in the morning when they first open up and that is only if the owners have the hot water heaters turned up enough to actually produce real hot water.

Same for the dryers, some dryers at laundry's are turned down really low so not to get too hot. Its a money making trick they use. The cooler the dryers, the longer it takes to dry your things, the more quarters you stuff in.....

If you are using laundry facilities for the purpose of killing and destroying bed bugs, you probably aren't killing or destroying much at all.
harley98
Stinkerbell,

I worried about that myself and verified the temperatures of the dryers reached 120 for thirty minutes. Which even if the washers didnt reach that high, all my clothes went into the dryer and I know they all reached that temp MINIMUM for thirty minutes.

Yes, I'm THAT crazy. I carried digital thermometers.
OnlyForNow
AG
It might be crazy but it's good. A sanitize cycle is the best thing for washing that stuff in, it'll go as hot as your hot water heater allowa
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.