T shirt quilts

8,566 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SoftwareAg
landag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anywhere in CS to get them made? Want to unload a bunch of old t shirts, but not throw them away.
CrazyAgE
I have always wondered this myself.
txdragonfly
AG
Not in CS (based in Dickinson), but SoftwareAg and his wife have a quilting business.
http://www.perryspatchwork.com/

aggiegal99
I quilt, but not for other people. The quilting on that quilt posted above is VERY nice, and is done with a long-arm quilting machine. Their fee for a 20 shirt quilt is $350, and based on the time it takes, I'd say that is very reasonable.

They have a beautiful quilt on their etsy page for sale

The design of the actual quilting is really cool and includes the shapes of Texas, stars, etc. I'm jealous! I wish I had a machine that could do that!
SoftwareAg
AG
landag08,

We would be more than happy to work with you on a t-shirt quilt. Our prices are on our website listed above. We will be in College Station on April 5/6/7 if you would like to exchange t-shirts or gather more information.
Firefighters Wife
There are several professional companies who will make a quilt or blanket using your tshirts, you choose the layout of the shirts, the background colors etc, and very reasonable priced. Check a few out that are online. (We have used campusquilt)
CrazyAgE
So what is a rough estimate for one? I'm sure the price varies from company to company, but just a ballpark figure...
SoftwareAg
AG
Crazy,
Like everything else, it is all based on the size, quality of workmanship, and materials. We offer quilts from $280 to over $500 while the 20 t-shirt size is our popular request at $350. It includes sashings, backing fabric, batting, and quilted pattern. Many companies just sew them together and do not quilt them.
mommak
Check with Lone Star Quilt Works on Texas Ave. (across from Luby's). They should be able to help you locally. They are closed on Mondays.
basketaggie
AG
I also make t-shirt quilts. My husband did tell me that someone who had my card had left a phone message about making one, it might have been you. I'm at of town for a funeral and am stuck in the blizzard. I agree with the above prices as being fair and reasonable, as well as comparable. Mine is a slightly different pattern that allows the use of more t-shirts. I also longarm my quilts. I agree with the above posters that quilting is the most important part. Even just going around the squares with quilting is usually not enough, you should have it all over. Otherwise the batting will buckle, pull, and become distorted and it will not lay flat. I recommend spaces of non-stitched fabric only be 1-2 " wide max.
basketaggie
AG
I am also licensed with the university to legally use the A&M trademarks, t-shirts, etc.
SoftwareAg
AG
We have a Texas A&M crafters license as well.
SoftwareAg
AG
Landag08, thank you for choosing Perrys Patchwork!
SoftwareAg
AG
See you soon for delivery, Landag08. Hope you like them. We enjoyed making them for you.
Tailgate88
AG
Bookmarked.
SoftwareAg
AG
Thank you for your returning order, landag08.
SoftwareAg
AG
We enjoyed making this combination A&M/Georgia Tech t-shirt quilt for our customer.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.