Donate Blood for Local Martial Artist [Master Pejo has passed away]

5,423 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TKDMom
TKDMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi everyone. We have a dear friend, Grand Master Michael J. Pejo, who underwent very invasive heart surgery over the weekend. So far he has used 30 units of blood in the last 24 hours. He is in need of blood donated to St. Luke's Hospital in Houston in his name.

If you would like to help, St. Luke's will have a blood drive set up tomorrow in the Banquet Room at the Student Center of Blinn College in Bryan between 9:00AM and 4:30PM. If you have been intending to donate for any reason and just haven't made time to do it, please consider donating in Michael Pejo's name. He is O+, but any donations will build up credits for him.

Michael is an Aggie, a local businessman, and an all around great human being.

Thanks in advance to anyone who participates.
Scruffy
AG
good luck and God speed to him.
BlueEyedBaby
I'll be there.
Stupe
S
Was this planned or emergency?

He's a good man.
Stupe
S
Just a heads up, I called St. Luke's downtown to see if I could donate in The Woodlands tomorrow, and she said that they were scheduled for Brenham, not Bryan.
rsa
AG
Heard from the person coordinating the drive tomorrow--there's a schedule snag. I will post an update once she relays the new information.
rsa
AG
It will be on the Brenham campus of Blinn College. Jamie Pejo, Master Pejo's wife, heard from St. Luke's. The scheduler there didn't realize there are 2 campuses, and assumed it was Bryan.

The Brenham Campus is easy to get to: hit Hwy 105, and head west. Take the right-hand fork when you get into Brenham, and the road will take you right to the student center at Blinn.
TKDMom
quote:
Was this planned or emergency?

He's a good man.

It's pretty much an emergency. He collapsed on Jan 7th and was taken to St. Luke's in Houston. They did LVAD surgery on him Saturday and he developed bleeding issues.

In following up on the info from rsa, who has posted directions to Blinn's Brenham campus, if there are any Aggies in Houston who know Master Pejo, you can make donations at St. Luke's there as well.
Safety Dog
Another heart surgery? I hate to hear that. My son took TKD from him last year and he had gone through some heart issues then. He is too young for this!
Stupe
S
TTT

Please give if you can.
Stupe
S
I linked to this on the Houston board.
TKDMom
Safety Dog - yes, another heart surgery. This one is much more invasive and is a possible bridge for a transplant down the road. I agree that he's too young to go through all this!

Stupe- Thanks so much for linking to the Houston Board. We need all the support we can get!

General reminder: Blinn campus in Brenham is taking blood donations today from 9:00 to 4:30. So if we have anyone in the Brenham area who would like to donate, we'd really appreciate it!
EliteElectric
RIP
iisanaggie
AG
Michael Pejo passed away this morning after a long battle with his heart condition. His wife and 2 young children are mourning his loss but grateful that he is no longer suffering. Please be in prayer for this wonderful family!
chigger
AG
FANTASTIC teacher. I don't think many people realized what a talented person we had here in BCS. A true master. I hope his family will be comforted somehow knowing the great positive influence he had on others. My videos of my daughter in his class are some of my favorites.

jrhmc
AG
If you want to help the family, here's a link to a GoFundMe site set up by a friend. Michael and Jamie have 2 young children who are now without their father and Jamie is so young to be a widow. https://www.gofundme.com/pub3wv33
La Fours
Stupe
S
Visitation is Saturday, November 21, 2015 from 6-8 at Hillier Funeral Home.

Funeral is Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 3. First Methodist Church in Bryan.
End Of Message
AG
Here. Michael and I married into the same extended family. He will be missed.
F Troop91
Here.
The_Professional
Is his school still open, or did it close down?
91Mom2SuperBoy
It is closed for the holiday break, and will reopen in a new location in January. Updates will be posted on the website www.themartialartscenter.com
fcag
AG
Very happy to hear his school will continue.
Cancelled
AG
I trained with him in college and he was a good friend.
TKDMom
Wow! I had forgotten about the blood drive. It still just seems surreal that we've lost him. So many times over the past month I've had little things pop up and think "I should ask GMP about that" only to belatedly remember that it's too late to ask him. Jamie and the kids are holding up with the help of family and friends. His legacy will live on through all those whose lives he touched.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.