Shiraz Shish Kabob

3,794 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Dr. Doctor
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like it is going in where the Pump used to be, on Dominick across from Whataburger. Finally there will be an Iranian restaurant in town.
jlhrealtor
wonder how long it will take for the Health inspectors to shut them down.
95_Aggie
AG
will this be a cover for a nuclear facility in the back?
txdragonfly
AG
I see the potential for misunderstandings...

quote:
pollo (white rice alone or with addition of meat and/or vegetables and herbs, including loobia pollo, albaloo pollo, Sabzi pollo , zereshk pollo, and others)
Dan Scott
AG
I can't wait.

Dr. Doctor
AG
Has it opened yet or no?

~egon
Dan Scott
AG
It's not open yet. They are still remodeling the inside of the building but the sign is up on the outside.
jograki
AG
Anybody know when the expected date is? I am really excited about this.
ryn
mmmmmmmmmm that looks good
drivinwest
AG
Iranian food? Is it similar to Turkish cuisine? I had a home cooked Turkish meal one evening at their cultural center in Lubbock and it was delicious.
MiMi
S
It sounds delicious! It's hard to believe the old photograph delevoping location is going to be such a unique eating establishment. I will definitely give them a try when they open.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
holy sheeet!??

is this for real??

Golabi if you're making this sheet up I'll find you and kick you ur ass. Seriously.

Iranian/Persian food is OFF THE HOOK!! Juje and Chelo Kabobs. I love Barg. I love it all.. At that location I predict it will actually do really well if its true. I know most people in this town have never had that kinda food....but once you guys have it you'll be hooked as well.

[This message has been edited by Orlando Ayala Cant Read (edited 9/29/2008 12:35a).]
Dan Scott
AG
I love Iranian food too and am excited about this. Whenever my I go home my mom usually cooks a week worth of food for me to bring back with me. My favorite is kabob kubideh and chicken barg with zerish polo
txdragonfly
AG
After they open, we can do a myBCS dinner and have Golabi be our guide.
Dr. Doctor
AG
I have to agree with everyone. Had real Iranian food in Doha, Qatar and have been wanting to get it again ever since. Their dill rice and safron rice were amazing, as was the giant plate of shish kabobs.

~egon
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Golabi:

Is this the same owners as "Shiraz Persian Food" in Houston off 1960?

I really hope not. Cause that place actually sucks. That is not the quality food you want to introduce as Persian cuisine in BCS.

If Persian food is done right, its fantastic.
toddzo
Maybe we can get a Kasra in BCS
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Golabi, the husband and I are always up for trying new food, but we might need to meet up with you sometime so you can walk us through the ordering process so we will know exactly what we will be getting.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Maybe we can get a Kasra in BCS

the best Persian food in all of texas as far as i'm concerned. Hamid Karzai's (President of Afghanistan) brother also owns a chain of Persian restaurants in DC, Boston, and San Fran and I heard they are scouting locations now in houston. this will give Kasra a run for its money cause its truly the best Persian food i've ever had (i ate the one in Boston).

quote:

Golabi, the husband and I are always up for trying new food, but we might need to meet up with you sometime so you can walk us through the ordering process so we will know exactly what we will be getting.

I'm not Persian, but in case you dont catch up with Golabi...you cant go wrong with ordering Chelo Kabob, or Chicken Barg. The Jujeh Kabab (cornish hen) , is also pretty off the hook.

I'm so pumped about this place openig here in BCS if its true. Many a times me and my wife have driven down to Houston just to eat at Kasra.

[This message has been edited by Orlando Ayala Cant Read (edited 10/2/2008 7:02p).]
NateDog
AG
quote:
(i ate the one in Boston)

Now that's an appetite...
LWInk2
Middle Eastern food and Moroccan food is some of the best food I have eaten in the world, next to my Mother's Italian cooking, of course. ;-)

I'm really looking forward to this new place! Woo hoo! Something besides fast food and BBQ!

LWInk2

[This message has been edited by LWInk2 (edited 10/3/2008 7:11a).]
Dan Scott
AG
I would love to introduce you all to Iranian food. I drove my it this morning to see if there was any information about when they would open unfortunately there wasn't.

Btw Kasra is my favortie Persian restaurant in Houston as well. The owner and my dad are friends and we used to eat there every week.
Hammerheadjim
AG
You must differentiate the Iranian people (Joe sixpak) from the Theocrats running the place. Iranian folks are some of the warmest , nicest people and they make some awesome food. Too bad thier country's image is molded by Ajaminahoot crowd.

2 thumbs up for authentic persian food from a tex mex bubba.
toddzo
What's the chain called? Gotta keep a lookout for it.
Jabberwocky
AG
quote:
I would love to introduce you all to Iranian food.
My name is southcutt and I support this message.
txdragonfly
AG
I'm totally serious. When they open, we can have a myBCS @ Dinner night with Golabi as our tour guide!
MiMi
S
Count me in!
spike427
AG
This sounds really yummy!!!
kilroy0097
Wow this really looks like something I need to try. Please gives us a shout when it opens finally. It's making me hungry thinking about it.

BTW, since I can't post another post today, has anyone tried the Vietnamese Restaurant on College Main St. and just north of Foch St? It's where Thai Taste used to be before they moved and next to that laundry mat.

[This message has been edited by kilroy0097 (edited 10/5/2008 10:13a).]
superspeck
kilroy, I think I went there for lunch right after they opened ... their service wasn't good at all and I haven't been back since. They made no effort to time stuff so that all the entrees hit the table at the same time and their only soda was in can form.
txdragonfly
AG
Vietnamese Taste; just regular run of the mill Asian, but certainly more pho varieties.
I've only been once and it was with a LARGE group...20 or so people. No, dishes didn't come out at the same time, but within reason. The food, was good. I loved the egg rolls and my fried rice was delicious (though it did look a bit radioactive and glowing). We were there for a friend's going away party and he ate there frequently.
Jabberwocky
AG
I love Vietnamese Taste. It's cheaper than Phở John's, and the food is very nearly as good. The service does often leave something to be desired, depending on which waitperson is there when you are (I've never seen them both present—it's a small place), but the low prices make that more acceptable in my book. I've also noticed that the service I receive has improved over time; so at least the waiter recognizes repeat customers.

I usually order bún or phở, but the more Chinese-style dishes are good too, especially for the lunch prices. I wouldn't recommend the Pad Thai, though.
Dr. Doctor
AG
kilroy,

As a fan of Vietnamese food (hailing from SW Houston, where all the vietnamese live in Houston), that is NOT Vietnamese food. Not a big fan of Pho (I don't like soup), Vietnamese Taste is essentailly a standard Chinese food place that has like 3 Vietnamese dishes, IMHO. If you can make the drive for real V food, go to Kim Son in Sugarland, off of 59. That is the 3rd (kind of) restaurant. The 1st was Saigon, the 2nd one near where I grew up (<1 mile away), then that one moved to Sugarland. Kind of my "standard" since all of the Vietnamese people I knew loved it and went there all the time.

~egon
Wildmen03
AG
this thread needs more

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.