Outdoors
Sponsored by

Navigating TPWD's new LMA website

3,235 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by oklaunion
swampstander
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any insight on this? I have my enrollments done for two properties each with one management unit. It told me the number of permits i was getting for each property. I know i need to print them myself but where are they?
oklaunion
Are you sure they have 'issued' them this early? If you are on the MLDP harvest option, the personnel still has to finalize the county survey which I think isn't finished this early.

We did the conservation option and it was a booger wading through the website. The helpful hints email we received from TPWD regarding specifying our property boundaries didn't work but a call to the young lady in the help center yielded, " Oh, you don't have to do that." And she was correct.
ursusguy
AG
I'm generally out of the loop now, but it has been a major annoyance.
apc10
It took me a while, but I was finally able to enroll in the conservation option for our place. The biologist already approved the selection, but I will still have to send in my surveys. When I talked to him on the phone, I thought he said they will be emailing me the permits and I can print them. In the past, they were mailed to me shortly before the season starts. I'm assuming I'll get them around the same time in mid September.
swampstander
AG
I guess the number of permits it showed is an estimate. Hopefully a low one because it is down 10-15% from what we usually get. I did notice a column titled "Biologist Approved", I guess we get a magic check mark then permits will be on their way. I didn't see the help desk number before. I may give it a call Monday.
mwlkr
AG
Biologist Approved is for the type of program you chose- harvest or conservation. It only means you are now in the program. Spotlight survey or helicopter count is sill needed for conservation before permits are determined and released for printing. Don't know the requirements for harvest option.
swampstander
AG
I'm harvest option.
txyaloo
AG
swampstander said:

I'm harvest option.
If you're harvest, you get the tags shown. It's all automated with no biologist input.

You do have the option of declining any of the buckets and using the tags on your license. We got offered 6 buck tags, 2 antlerless, and 38 doe tags on 1200 acres in the northern Hill country. I let TPWD keep the buck tags and took the doe tags. We'll be using the buck tags on our license.

oklaunion
Apparently there were enough complaints to generate some last minute short courses in semi-East Texas on how to navigate and sign up for the LMA/MLDP programs. Plus they appear to be having a webinar next week sometime.
tamc93
AG
Hopefully it is easier next year. The roll out was rough and somewhat confusing. I know we still need to finalize our counts prior to receiving a recommendation.
oklaunion
Currently, with permits being issued, the LMA site is advising that there is a 3 business day delay in returning emails or calls due to the website's malfunctions. Hard to believe they had a full year to get this mess straightened out and failed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.